What and Why of CBAP Certification
CBAP® stands for Certified Business Analysis Professional, the 3rd level certification provided by the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA), Canada (www.IIBA .org).
Currently, CBAP is the highest level certification available from IIBA. This certification is most suitable for senior business analysts having
Benefits of becoming a CBAP:
- CBAPs on an average earn 16% more as per the salary survey of 2017
- The expected salary increase is in the range of 15 -20%
- Established credential and be globally recognized for your competency in business analysis.
- Better career growth
- Better skilled in BA domain
- BA is the fastest growing career opportunity for IT professionals.
- People with domain experience can move into IT sector by becoming a business analyst.
Target Audience for CBAP
CBAP examination targets the following audience:
- Current CCBAs
- Seasoned BAs
- BA Consultants
Eligibility criteria for CBAP
The IIBA-CBAP® course requires:
- Minimum 7500 hours of work experience in the last 10 years, 900 hours of which should be in four out of the six BABOK® Guide Version 3 Knowledge areas
- A minimum of 35 hours of Professional Development in the past four years
- Two references from a career manager, client or Certified Business Analysis Professional – CBAP®
- A Signed Code of Conduct
More info on this post – https://www.adaptiveus.com/cb
CBAP® Exam Pattern
- The exam will have a mix of scenario and case study based questions.
- The cases are going to be long (1-1.5 pages) of information
- There will be multiple questions about the case
- Questions are of multiple choice type
- There will be 120 questions
- Duration of the exam is 3.5 hours
More info on this post – https://www.adaptiveus.com/cbap-exam-pattern/
- Take an approved training from an endorsed EEP. Adaptive US is a premier education partner to IIBA.
- Become an IIBA member at IIBA .org.
- Benefits of IIBA membership includes free, unlimited access to the BABOK and 300+ online books, local, national and international networking opportunities and ability to influence the growth and direction of the BA profession.
- Take required training from an IIBA EEP, such as Adaptive US (www.AdaptiveUS.com).
- Go through the Adaptive CBAP study guide and BABOK and start reading.
- Complete your CBAP application filing
- Practice CBAP model questions
- Schedule your CBAP exam
- Practice CBAP exam simulators
- Work on the weak areas
- Take your exam
- Be a proud CBAP
- The application expires within 1 year from approval
- 3 exams can be taken within a year without any waiting time in between
Preparing the application
- Begin the application filing at least 2 weeks before you plan to apply.
- It can take anywhere from 6-10 hours to complete.
- Using Adaptive CBAP application simulator ensures the application approval
- Apply within 3 months of when you plan to write.
More details on CBAP Application – Read the post here
Go through this video to know more about how to fill up your CBAP application
Scheduling the exam
Schedule your CBAP exam in Prometric Site
The CBAP exam centers info is available in this link
Suggested reading on CBAP: