What and Why of CCBA Certification
CCBA® stands for Certified Capability in Business Analysis, the 2nd level certification provided by the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA), Canada (www.IIBA .org).
This certification is most suitable for senior business analysts having 2-3 years of experience.
Benefits of becoming a CCBA:
- Certified BAs earn significantly higher, the expected salary increase is in the range of 15 -20%, as per the salary survey of 2017
- Established credential and be globally recognized for your competency in business analysis
- Better career growth and hence better opportunities
- Better skilled in BA domain and hence higher productivity
- BA is the fastest growing career opportunity for IT professionals
- People with domain experience can move into IT sector by becoming a business analyst
Who can do CCBA® certification?
- ECBA Certification holders who have attained the required 3750 hours of Business analysis work experience.
- Those who have fallen into the role of business analysis professional
- Developing Business Analysis professionals
- Hybrid Business Analysis professionals (i.e. also PMs, testers, QA, change managers, designers) Product owners/managers
- Non-BA consultants
- Trainers And includes professionals working in the role of:
- Business analysis
- Systems analysis
- Requirements analysis or management
- Process management
How much does the exam cost?
|Application Fee||125 USD|
|Certification Exam Fee||325 USD for Members
450 USD for Non Members
|Membership Fees||Region 1 – 125 USD – USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Europe, UK
Region 2 – 85 USD – Singapore, Malaysia, Middle East Asian countries..
Region 3 – 55 USD – India, Pakistan, Thailand, Tanzania..
CCBA® Eligibility Requirements
- Applicant must meet the requirements specified in this section to be eligible to write the exam. To earn the CCBA® designation, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum 3750 hours of BA work experience aligned with the BABOK® Guide in the last 7 years
- Minimum 900 hours in each of two of the six knowledge areas or minimum 500 hours in each of four of the six knowledge areas
- Minimum 21 hours of Professional Development Training in the past four years
- Two references from a career manager, client or CBAP® recipient
- Signed Code of Conduct
More info on this post – https://www.adaptiveus.com/ccba-eligibility/
CCBA Certification Process
- Take an approved CCBA training from an endorsed EEP. Adaptive US is a premier education partner to IIBA
- Become an IIBA member at IIBA.org
- Benefits of IIBA membership includes free, unlimited access to the BABOK and 300+ online books, local, national and international networking opportunities and ability to influence the growth and direction of the BA profession
- Go through the Adaptive CCBA study guide and BABOK and start reading
- Complete your CCBA application filing
- Practice CCBA model questions
- Schedule your CCBA exam
- Practice CCBA exam simulators
- Work on the weak areas
- Take your exam
- Be a proud CCBA
Exam Pattern of CCBA
- Number of questions – 130 multiple choice questions
- QUestions pattern – Scenario-based questions (i.e. the candidate must do a bit of analysis to arrive at the answer)
- Exam Type – Competency-based and aligned with BABOK® Guide Version 3
- Duration – 3 hours
The exam blueprint aligned with v3.0 of the BABOK® Guide is as follows:
|Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring||12%|
|Elicitation and Collaboration||20%|
|Requirements Life Cycle Management||18%|
|Requirements Analysis and Design Definition||32%|
More on CCBA exam pattern – https://www.adaptiveus.com/ccba-exam-pattern/
- The application expires within 1 year from approval
- 3 exams can be taken within a year without any waiting time in between
Preparing the application
- Begin the application at least 2 weeks before you plan to apply.
- It can take anywhere from 6-10 hours to complete.
- Using Adaptive CBAP application simulator ensures the application approval
- Apply within 3 months of when you plan to write.
Scheduling the exam
Schedule your CCBA exam in Prometric Site