CBAP® stands for Certified Business Analysis Professional, the 3rd level certification provided by International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA®), Canada (www.IIBA® .org).
Currently CBAP is the highest level certification available from IIBA.
Benefits of becoming a CBAP®:
- Be recognized for your competency in business analysis.
- BA is the fastest growing career opportunity for IT professionals.
- People with domain experience can move into IT sector by becoming a business analyst.
- Better job prospects.
- Better salary.
Target Audience for CBAP®
- Current CCBAs
- Seasoned BAs
- BA Consultants
Eligibility for CBAP®
- Minimum 7500 hours of Business analysis-related work in the last 10
- Professional development: 35 hours of verifiable BABOK® coursework in the last 4 years. Adaptive Processes is an authorized EEP of IIBA®, its trainings provide desired PDUs for the CBAP® certification examination.
- References: Two references from a career manager, client (internal or external) or CBAP®.
- Minimum 900 hours in each of the 4 knowledge areas.
- Signed code of conduct is required.
CBAP® Question pattern
- This will be a scenario and case study based examination.
- Longer cases (1-1.5 pages) of information
- Multiple questions about the case
- Multiple choice answers
- 120 questions
- 5 hours
CBAP Sample questions are available here –
Adaptive CBAP Question Bank
CBAP Certification Exam Blueprint
CBAP recognizes BA professionals who manage and lead with over 5 years of business analysis experience.
- Requirements Analysis and Design Definition -30%
- Strategy Analysis -15%
- Requirements Life Cycle Management – 15%
- Solution Evaluation -14%
- Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring – 14%
- Elicitation and Collaboration – 12%
Check Exam Timeslot Availability
|Exam Time Slot|
Click on the “Locate a Test Centre” button
To Schedule Your Exam
Using your Eligibility ID Number
Exam Attempts and Application
Application expires within 1 year from approval
A candidate can only attempt at the exam three times within the one-year period of their application.
There is no wait time between exams attempts; however, you do have to wait 24 hours for IIBA® to receive and upload the results from Prometric.