CBAP® stands for Certified Business Analysis Professional, the 3rd level certification provided by International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA®), Canada (www.IIBA® .org).
Currently CBAP is the highest level certification available from IIBA.
Benefits of becoming a CBAP®:
- Be recognized for your competency in business analysis.
- BA is the fastest growing career opportunity for IT professionals.
- People with domain experience can move into IT sector by becoming a business analyst.
- Better job prospects.
- Better salary.
Target Audience for CBAP®
- Current CCBAs
- Seasoned BAs
- BA Consultants
Eligibility for CBAP®
- Minimum 7500 hours of Business analysis-related work in the last 10
- Professional development: 35 hours of verifiable BABOK® coursework in the last 4 years. Adaptive Processes is an authorized EEP of IIBA®, its trainings provide desired PDUs for the CBAP® certification examination.
- References: Two references from a career manager, client (internal or external) or CBAP®.
- Minimum 900 hours in each of the 4 knowledge areas.
- Signed code of conduct is required.
CBAP® Question pattern
- This will be a scenario and case study based examination.
- Longer cases (1-1.5 pages) of information
- Multiple questions about the case
- Multiple choice answers
- 120 questions
- 5 hours
CBAP Sample questions are available here –
Adaptive CBAP Question Bank
CBAP Certification Exam Blueprint
CBAP recognizes BA professionals who manage and lead with over 5 years of business analysis experience.
- Requirements Analysis and Design Definition -30%
- Strategy Analysis -15%
- Requirements Life Cycle Management – 15%
- Solution Evaluation -14%
- Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring – 14%
- Elicitation and Collaboration – 12%
Check Exam Timeslot Availability
|Exam Time Slot|
Click on the “Locate a Test Centre” button
To Schedule Your Exam
Using your Eligibility ID Number
Exam Attempts and Application
Application expires within 1 year from approval
A candidate can only attempt at the exam three times within the one-year period of their application.
There is no wait time between exams attempts; however, you do have to wait 24 hours for IIBA® to receive and upload the results from Prometric.
Preparing for CBAP certification in 10 simple steps in 6 weeks Have you been dreaming of having CBAP next to your name from some time now, maybe last few months or maybe a year or a half too? Has it started becoming a far-fetched dream for you and with the new curriculum do you …
ECBA Exam Passing Score Listen to this blog The Entry certificate in Business Analysis ECBA certification is the first level of certification by IIBA. The ECBA certification recognizes individuals entering the field of business analysis. ECBA™ recognizes individuals ready to develop their business analysis skills, knowledge and behaviors as practicing business analysis professionals. ECBA is the recommended certification …
Business analysis estimation is a bit of a strange topic for most BAs. We do study 8 to 10 techniques mentioned in various sources. Most common techniques mentioned are: Top-down estimation Estimate efforts for components using hierarchical breakdown. Typically done when the budget is fixed. Bottom-up estimation Uses WBS to estimate deliverables, activities, tasks, and …
Business analysts play a significant role in project success. Trained and certified business analysts are a valuable asset to any organization. CBAP certification is a significant investment in terms of time and money. Each participant invests easily up to 10000 USD for getting the training, preparing for the certification and paying the certification fees. How do …