CCBA® stands for Certification of Capability in Business Analysis, 2nd level certification provided by IIBA® for business analysts with 2 to 3 years of business analysis experience.
Benefits of becoming a CCBA®:
- Be recognized for your competency in business analysis.
- Business analysis is the fastest growing career opportunity for IT professionals.
- People with domain experience can move into IT sector by becoming a business analyst.
- Better job prospects.
- Better salary.
Target Audience for CCBA®
- Current ECBAs
- Developing business analysts
- Hybrid business analysts (PMs, testers, QA, change managers, designers)
- Product owners/managers
- Non-BA consultants
Eligibility for CCBA®
- Minimum 3750 hours of business analysis-related work in the last 7 years.
- Professional development: 21 hours of verifiable BABoK® coursework in the last 4 years. Adaptive Processes is an authorized EEP of IIBA®, its trainings provide desired PDUs for the CCBA® certification examination.
- References: Two references. (One must be current). References can be Client, Career manager or a CBAP®.
- Minimum 900 hours in each of the 2 knowledge areas or 500 hrs in each of 4 knowledge areas.
- Signed code of conduct is required.
CCBA® Question pattern
- The questions are scenario-based (i.e. candidate must do a bit of analysis to arrive at the answer).
- Situations will be described in 2-4 sentences
- 130 Multiple choice questions
- 3 hours
CCBA Sample questions are available here –
Adaptive CCBA Question Bank
CCBA Certification Exam Blueprint
CCBA Certification recognizes BA professionals who have two to three years of business analysis experience.
- Requirements Analysis and Design Definition – 32%
- Elicitation and Collaboration – 20%
- Requirements Life Cycle Management – 18%
- Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring – 12%
- Strategy Analysis – 12%
- Solution Evaluation – 6%
Check Exam Timeslot Availability
Click on the “Locate a Test Centre” button
To Schedule Your Exam
Using your Eligibility ID Number
CCBA Exam Attempts
Application expires within 1 year from approval
A candidate can only attempt at the exam three times within the one-year period of their application.
There is no wait time between exams attempts; however, you do have to wait 24 hours for IIBA® to receive and upload the results from Prometric.