CCBA® stands for Certification of Capability in Business Analysis, 2nd level certification provided by IIBA® for business analysts with 2 to 3 years of business analysis experience.
Benefits of becoming a CCBA®:
- Be recognized for your competency in business analysis.
- Business analysis is the fastest growing career opportunity for IT professionals.
- People with domain experience can move into IT sector by becoming a business analyst.
- Better job prospects.
- Better salary.
Target Audience for CCBA®
- Current ECBAs
- Developing business analysts
- Hybrid business analysts (PMs, testers, QA, change managers, designers)
- Product owners/managers
- Non-BA consultants
Eligibility for CCBA®
- Minimum 3750 hours of business analysis-related work in the last 7 years.
- Professional development: 21 hours of verifiable BABoK® coursework in the last 4 years. Adaptive Processes is an authorized EEP of IIBA®, its trainings provide desired PDUs for the CCBA® certification examination.
- References: Two references. (One must be current). References can be Client, Career manager or a CBAP®.
- Minimum 900 hours in each of the 2 knowledge areas or 500 hrs in each of 4 knowledge areas.
- Signed code of conduct is required.
CCBA® Question pattern
- The questions are scenario-based (i.e. candidate must do a bit of analysis to arrive at the answer).
- Situations will be described in 2-4 sentences
- 130 Multiple choice questions
- 3 hours
CCBA Sample questions are available here –
Adaptive CCBA Question Bank
CCBA Certification Exam Blueprint
CCBA Certification recognizes BA professionals who have two to three years of business analysis experience.
- Requirements Analysis and Design Definition – 32%
- Elicitation and Collaboration – 20%
- Requirements Life Cycle Management – 18%
- Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring – 12%
- Strategy Analysis – 12%
- Solution Evaluation – 6%
Check Exam Timeslot Availability
Click on the “Locate a Test Centre” button
To Schedule Your Exam
Using your Eligibility ID Number
CCBA Exam Attempts
Application expires within 1 year from approval
A candidate can only attempt at the exam three times within the one-year period of their application.
There is no wait time between exams attempts; however, you do have to wait 24 hours for IIBA® to receive and upload the results from Prometric.
BABoK® Word Cloud – An essential guide to understand IIBA® Certifications Exam Questions The IIBA certification examinations, CBAP, CCBA, and ECBA, play around a lot with respect to language. As one has to take many questions within a stipulated time (one usually gets about 90 seconds) to answer each question. Many questions play around …
Business analysis estimation is a bit of a strange topic for most BAs. We do study 8 to 10 techniques mentioned in various sources. Most common techniques mentioned are: Top-down estimation Estimate efforts for components using hierarchical breakdown. Typically done when the budget is fixed. Bottom-up estimation Uses WBS to estimate deliverables, activities, tasks, and …
CCBA Exam Pattern The CCBA certification (Certification of Capability in Business Analysis) is the 2nd level business analysis certification from IIBA. This is the most sought-after certifications for mid-level business analysts to excel in the corporate world. While it remains a desirable designation globally among the Business analysts its also known to be a tough …
IIBA certifications overview IIBA certifications are the most popular business analysis certification in the world. IIBA has been promoting business analysis profession and certification for more than a decade now. Over the last 2 years, IIBA has introduced many new certifications which are of interest to individuals and organizations. In this short article, I …
How to remember 50 BABoK V3 Techniques Listen to this blog BABoK techniques are a lot, to be precise, there are not 10, 20, or 30 techniques but 50 techniques. How can one even remember 50 techniques? The human mind can remember 5 to 7 elements and more than that it is hard to …
CCBA vs CBAP Certification CCBA vs CBAP Business analysis professional qualifications help business analysts in many ways. It proves their competence on the subject. It helps organizations to ensure their business analysts are rightly skilled in business analysis process. However, there is quite a lot of confusion in business analyst’s minds as to which …
Why Adaptive Online Workshops make immense sense There are several benefits of Adaptive online IIBA training sessions. Top 10 key ones are: Online sessions allow us to source faculties from across the globe and have the finest faculty on earth to conduct the sessions. Our faculties have been part of the BABoK® V2 and V3 …