CCBA® stands for Certification of Capability in Business Analysis, 2nd level certification provided by IIBA® for business analysts with 2 to 3 years of business analysis experience.
Benefits of becoming a CCBA®:
- Be recognized for your competency in business analysis.
- Business analysis is the fastest growing career opportunity for IT professionals.
- People with domain experience can move into IT sector by becoming a business analyst.
- Better job prospects.
- Better salary.
Target Audience for CCBA®
- Current ECBAs
- Developing business analysts
- Hybrid business analysts (PMs, testers, QA, change managers, designers)
- Product owners/managers
- Non-BA consultants
Eligibility for CCBA®
- Minimum 3750 hours of business analysis-related work in the last 7 years.
- Professional development: 21 hours of verifiable BABoK® coursework in the last 4 years. Adaptive Processes is an authorized EEP of IIBA®, its trainings provide desired PDUs for the CCBA® certification examination.
- References: Two references. (One must be current). References can be Client, Career manager or a CBAP®.
- Minimum 900 hours in each of the 2 knowledge areas or 500 hrs in each of 4 knowledge areas.
- Signed code of conduct is required.
CCBA® Question pattern
- The questions are scenario-based (i.e. candidate must do a bit of analysis to arrive at the answer).
- Situations will be described in 2-4 sentences
- 130 Multiple choice questions
- 3 hours
CCBA Sample questions are available here –
Adaptive CCBA Question Bank
CCBA Certification Exam Blueprint
CCBA Certification recognizes BA professionals who have two to three years of business analysis experience.
- Requirements Analysis and Design Definition – 32%
- Elicitation and Collaboration – 20%
- Requirements Life Cycle Management – 18%
- Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring – 12%
- Strategy Analysis – 12%
- Solution Evaluation – 6%
Check Exam Timeslot Availability
Click on the “Locate a Test Centre” button
To Schedule Your Exam
Using your Eligibility ID Number
CCBA Exam Attempts
Application expires within 1 year from approval
A candidate can only attempt at the exam three times within the one-year period of their application.
There is no wait time between exams attempts; however, you do have to wait 24 hours for IIBA® to receive and upload the results from Prometric.
IIBA certifications overview IIBA certifications are the most popular business analysis certification in the world. IIBA® has been promoting business analysis profession and certification for more than a decade now. Over last 2 years, IIBA …
Free IIBA Membership! Free IIBA membership – Are you rubbing your eyes with disbelief? Is this true? Is there a catch somewhere? As we launch our very first workshops for the year 2018, here is …
CCBA vs CBAP Certification CCBA vs CBAP Business analysis professional qualifications help business analysts in many ways. It proves their competence on the subject. It helps organizations to ensure their business analysts are rightly skilled …
How best to prepare for CCBA CCBA is the right product for anyone who would like to establish their credentials as a business analyst practitioner. CCBA fits perfectly for individuals who have been performing business …
How best to prepare for CCBA – Americas and Europe, Middle East CCBA is the right product for anyone who would like to establish their credentials as a business analyst practitioner. CCBA fits perfectly for …
Why Adaptive Online Workshops make immense sense There are several benefits of Adaptive online IIBA training sessions. Top 10 key ones are: Online sessions allow us to source faculties from across the globe and have …
Certification of Capability in Business Analysis (CCBA) is the 2nd level certification provided by International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA®), Canada (www.IIBA.org). Following are some of benefits of becoming a CCBA® : Be recognized …
Certification of Capability in Business Analysis (CCBA) is the 2nd level certification provided by International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA®), Canada (www.IIBA.org). Following are some of the benefits of becoming a CCBA® : Be recognized …