CBAP Certification Exam Preparation Steps and Tips
Listen to this blog
CBAP Certification Exam Preparation Steps and Tips – So finally, after much procrastination and contemplations, you have made up your mind and planned to take up the most coveted certification in the Business Analysis domain. First of all, congratulations on your plans for getting CBAP certified. That’s possibly the best gift you can give to your professional career.
The good news is that more and more professionals are taking it up and making it all the more in demand and the most sought-after certification globally. The numbers look like this –
As of Aug, 2018, IIBA declares 9600+ CBAP certified professionals. While PMI reports 2020 PMI PBA certified professionals as of 31 Dec 2017.
The initial apprehension on the new pattern of CBAP certification exam on BABoK v3 seems to be fading with this popularity.
Thanks to all business analysis professionals and certification seekers for the overwhelming response to our CBAP Question Bank, CBAP Exam Simulators, CBAP Study Guide, CBAP e-learning, CBAP Flash Cards and CBAP Audio Book.
Attributable to our master coaches and best CBAP exam preparation materials we as of now have 250+ CBAP Certified professionals.
Our learning platform has all the features of the real exam- you can mark questions for review, leave some questions and come back to them later.
The report generated will show the questions and the options, along with the correct option and explanation/justification of the correct answer.
All CBAP aspirants can access numerous exam tips from close to 190+ certified CBAP professionals free here.
CBAP V3 based examination tips
Out of all the inputs we have in the last few months, you can take the summary and prepare accordingly:
- The questions will be a mix of case and scenarios, cases are going to be quite long, be prepared to read long cases
- Scenarios are short but the options are challenging since there are at least two which are close to each other
- No memorization of inputs, tasks etc needed like V2
- There will be calculation-based questions with decimals etc so be prepared to do the calculations
- Need good time management to answer all questions
CBAP Certification Exam Preparation Steps FAQ:
Question –I have around 10 years of experience as a business analyst but my designation is not a Business analyst. How do I prove my experience as a business analyst?
Answer –You don’t need to be called as a business analyst in designation to be eligible for CBAP exam. Your roles and responsibility are what matters for the application filing and the CBAP exam.
Question –How is IIBA going to verify my experience, are all my previous job supervisors going to be contacted for this?
Answer –Yes, your references will be contacted as part of the application filing process.
You have to provide the supervisor’s names for the previous positions as part of work history details in the application filing process.
You also have to provide your work history details along with the supervisor name and email like as given in the screenshot below:
And total work hours worked as per knowledge areas of BABoK
What’s the best way to prepare for the CBAP certification examination after the training?
- Go through the CBAP study guide at least 4/5 times – CBAP Sample Study Guide
- Watch the YouTube class videos – CBAP Sample Class Video
- Solve the concept questions –
- Solve the Knowledge-based questions
- Move on to scenario-based questions
- Then to case-based questions – CBAP Sample Question Bank
- Finally, simulation questions.
- Go for the exam when you are good with the concepts since the case-based questions test your business analysis concepts and once you consistently score above 85% in Adaptive CBAP Exam Simulators.
The sample course materials can be accessed from the links below-
The Adaptive learning platform is loaded with 1800+ questions for taking the participant through a gradual process of learning with Concept questions -> Knowledge-Based questions -> Scenario-based questions -> Case-based questions –> Simulation tests.
This process enhances learning and clarity of concepts, which ultimately helps the professional to be a better business analyst at the end of the day.
Watch this short video about our learning platform, Suxeed, here –
The learning should be based on concepts/skills and should be ultimately helpful in the day to day work rather than only getting a certificate.
Introducing our Trainers
- Peter Johnson- Peter is a Certified Business Analysis Professional with over 34 years of experience spanning across geographies and verticals.
- Part of BABoK v2 and V3 Author Team
- Part of BABoK v2 and V3 Exam Committee
- Founder of IIBA New Jersey Chapter
- 30+ years of working experience as a Business Analyst
- LN Mishra, CBAP, CPRE, CSM, PMP, IIMA- LN Mishra (LN) has 22+ years of professional experience in business analysis, agile and IT GRC in consulting, guiding and mentoring 100+ global clients and 3000+ Bas.
- Part of BABoK V3 Exam Committee
- 24+ years of working experience as a Business Analyst
- Author of 20+ BA Books
- Mentor to 160+ CBAP worldwide
- Lora McCoy, CBAP- Lora McCoy is a Certified Business Analysis Professional with over 18 years of experience performing Business Analysis skillset activities as well as Quality Assurance, Project Management and more.
- Regional Director, IIBA Central Americas Chapter
- President, IIBA Oklahoma Chapter
- 20+ years of working experience as a Business Analyst
Amazing candidate feedbacks
About Adaptive US (Think BA. Think Adaptive.)
Adaptive US provides CBAP, CCBA, ECBA, CPRE, Agile BA and other business analysis certification training online and consulting needs for Individual or Corporate either online or offline. Adaptive Processes is an endorsed education provider of IIBA® Canada and IREB® Germany.