What is CBAP certification?
Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) is the business analysis certification provided by IIBA for
Senior business analysts with a minimum of 5+ years of Business Analysis experience. This is world’s most recognized certification in the world.
More info on this – https://adaptiveus.com/cbap-certification
Benefits of the CBAP certification
Demand for business analysts is all time high and benefits are worth taking-up business analyst as a career choice. As a Business analyst you will always have a challenging and a new job role or project in hand due to the uniqueness of each problem in varied companies.
- CBAP certified professionals earn on an average 16% more – Details here
- The expected salary increase is in the range of 15 -20%
- Established credential and be globally recognized for your competency in business analysis.
- Better career growth and job opportunity
- Better skilled in BA domain
- BA is the fastest growing career opportunity for IT professionals.
- Industry reports predict that business analysis will be among the fastest growing IT occupations and business analysis is among the top desired skills for tech workers.
What is the eligibility criterion for CBAP®?
Eligibility criteria for CBAP (Certification of Capability in Business Analysis):
● Aimed towards BA professionals having 5 years of experience Seasoned BAs, BA Consultants, Trainers, Business analysis, Systems analysis, Requirements analysis or management, Process management, Consulting
● 2 references from a career manager, client or CBAP recipient- We will guide you on how to put this from your career manager in CBAP Advanced and Ultimate Plan.
● Minimum 7500 hours of BA work experience aligned with the BABOK Guide in the last 10 years – We will guide you in this on how to put the exp in the IIBA accepted format in CBAP Advanced and Ultimate Plan.
● Minimum 900 hours in each 4 of the 6 knowledge areas of the BABOK Guide Version 3 Knowledge Areas – We will guide you in this on how to put the exp in the IIBA accepted format in CBAP Advanced and Ultimate Plan.
● Minimum 35 hours of Professional Development Training in the past four years – The training program gives this.
● PDU (Professional Development Units) – 35 in last 4 years
There is a good chance that you may ignore some part of your work experience not counting them as relevant BA experience. Hence please consider taking up the program where the coach will guide you through the entire process, as an expert.
Please see the eligibility criteria on the given link:
How do I take up CBAP test?
CBAP exam is conducted by IIBA. It is an online exam conducted in prometric centers. You have to do application filling first, pay exam fees and get eligibility id. Using the eligibility id you have to book the exam at https://www.prometric.com/.
Key details of the examination pattern are mentioned below:
➥ No. of multiple-choice questions – 120
➥ Duration of Examination – 3.5 Hours
➥ The questions are longer cases (2 to 3 Pages of information).
➥ Multiple questions will be there about the case
What is the CBAP certification Process?
CBAP certification recommended approach would be
1. Check your eligibility with the CBAP requirements
2. Attend our CBAP Master prep class to gain the 35 mandatory PDU
3. Start your preparation with Adaptive study guide and BABoK v3
4. Complete the IIBA application filing with our CBAP application simulator that we provide you as part of the training deliverables
5. Take 1800+ Adaptive CBAP model questions to test your preparation
6. Revise your concepts
7. Book your exam dates
8. Do 2 more revision of study guide and Adaptive question bank
9. Once you are scoring about 80- 85% in the model questions you are ready to go for it
10. Take the exam
What are the benefits of becoming a member of IIBA?
There are many benefits of becoming a member of IIBA. Some of which are
- Local, national and international networking opportunities
- Ability to influence the growth and direction of the business analysis profession
- Access to a free copy of the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® (BABOK® Guide) v3.0
- Discounted fee for the CBAP® certification examination
- Knowledge sharing and networking opportunities through the IIBA Community Network
- Access to the exclusive IIBA monthly publication Quick Tips for Better Business Analysis™ e-Bulletin
- Eligibility to join a local IIBA Chapter
- Access to a free copy of the Business Analysis Competency Model
- Access to IIBA Webinars a range of professional development topics
- Job search capabilities using Career Centre
- Free access to the Agile Extension to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge®(BABOK®) Guide
- Access to a free copy of the BABOK® Learning Guide
- View Business Analyst Salary Survey results
- Become a member of community of thousands of business analysis professionals worldwide
How long is the validity of IIBA membership ?
IIBA memberships are valid for 1 year. This can be renewed by paying the next years fees.
When are the courses being conducted and in which location?
Our course is webex based instructor led live online sessions on weekends. You can attend our sessions from any part of the world.
Please refer to the training calendar in the website where the fees, and dates of the training is published https://adaptiveus.com/calendar/
Why should I choose Adaptive?
Please refer to the following link on why should you chose Adaptive
Please see the following link for a detailed comparison with our nearest competitor.
Few more points you should see is as follows:
- Faculty profiles – Industry expert trainers who are part of the BABoK V3 authoring and question setting team
- Our proven success rate above 98% – CBAP Certified List
- Revisit your classes with class recordings – (Please go through the sample class video of our three instructors)
- Comprehensive support – Webinars, Study Guide,
Question Bank, Simulator, Video learning, Audio Books, Flash Cards, Class recordings in videos,mindmaps,BABoK workbook glossary etc.
- Amazing past feedback
- Finally your peace of mind
Our success guaranteed program lets you take risk while we bear the cost of re-take by any vague chance if you don’t succeed on the first attempt.
What is the Session Plan for CBAP?
Please go through the following link to see detailed session plan
How many times can I take the exam?
Upon receiving notice that your application has been approved, you have one (1) year to successfully pass the exam. If you fail the exam on the first attempt, you may retake the exam twice, after paying the rewrite fee. If you do not successfully pass the exam within one year of your application approval (either because you did not pass the exam after one or two attempts, or because you did not sit for it), you must reapply and pay the full fee.
What is the fee for the program?
Please refer to the training calendar published in the website where the fees, location and dates of the training is published
You can register in the training calendar page https://adaptiveus.com/calendar/ by making the payment for the plan and month you want.
What are the fees and discounts?
The fees details and discounts can be found in the online calendar published here https://adaptiveus.com/calendar/
Yes. If you register by the early bird date, you are eligible for the early bird offer.
For all other offers and group discounts please refer the following link:-
NOTE: Only one discount option is applicable at any time.
What are the payment options for the course?
The various payment options are
2. Debit and Credit card
Will there be any refund of fee paid if I fail to attend the program?
No. cancellations are not allowed in our CBAP training program. But you are allowed to attend another month training session if you miss the registered month training session with a small administrative fee.
Will there be any discount for a group of participants referred by me even if they are from different organization?
Please go through the group discount details here:-
How long I can access the recordings?
You can access the session recordings until your access period expires as per your enrolled plan
Do you provide us a copy of BABoK?
BABoK is downloadable from IIBA site once you become a member. We recommend you to become an IIBA member since it has a discount of $125 for members on exam fees for CCBA and CBAP, and also access to whole lot of resources.
We provide you a study guide which is an abridged version of BABoK with only certification essentials captured
Is the program aligned to BABOK V3.0?
Yes. The program is completely aligned to BABOK V3.0. It covers all the following Practice areas as per BABOK V3.0
- Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring
- Requirements elicitation
- Requirements management and Communication
- Enterprise Analysis
- Requirements Analysis
- Solution Assessment and Validation
- Underlying Competencies like analytical thinking and problem solving, Communication Skills, Negotiation Skills etc
How is the training delivered?
The classes are virtual instructor led-live sessions through webex with classes being recorded.
The classes are live and interactive, you can ask questions to the coach see what he shares like presentation, templates and articles etc and listen to him.
Number of Classes – 8 sessions of 4.5 hours each
For class dates and timings as per your time zone refer to the calendar – AdaptiveUS.com/calendar/
All classes are recorded and shared with participants for Advanced and Ultimate plan.
What has been the feedback from previous business analysis sessions on CBAP?
Please provide the instructor profile and details of his experience
We have multiple trainers for the workshops.
1) Peter Johnson –
Part of BABoK v2 and V3 Author Team
Part of BABoK v2 and V3 Exam Committee
Founder of IIBA New Jersey Chapter
30+ years of working experience as a Business Analyst
2) LN Mishra –
Part of BABoK V3 Exam Committee
24+ years of working experience as a Business Analyst
Author of 20+ BA Books
Mentor to 160+ CBAP world wide
3) Lora McCoy
Regional Director, IIBA Central Americas Chapter
President, IIBA Oklahoma Chapter
20+ years of working experience as a Business Analyst
Please refer to our web-site for updated list of trainers:
All our trainers are selected through a stringent process as give below:
- All the prospective trainers have to be CBAP to qualify for the post of trainer
- The person should have minimum 7 years of experience in the domain of business Analysis with good exposure to Business Analysis tasks like but not limited to requirements gathering, requirements documentation/definition, requirements management, modeling techniques etc.
- The person is then evaluated on 2 mock and live classes based on successful completion of this, the trainer is selected
- After selection the trainer is continuously monitored on his performance based on the participant feedback
All the participant feedback is continuously being monitored and analyzed for suitable action.
Will there be assistance in the CBAP Application process?
Yes. Application filing, application review, reference help, and approval are included in our higher plans CBAP Advanced and Ultimate.
Essential Plan includes the CBAP/CBBA application simulator which exactly captures the IIBA requirements in a step by step process thus enabling you to complete the IIBA application process smoothly. But you will not get any faculty help for review of application.
Will I get a course completion/PD hour Certificate at the end of the program? Will I get PDU certificate even after missing the session also?
Yes. You can download your 35 PDU certificate from Suxeed portal after completion of your training session.
Yes. You will get your PDU certificate if you miss any session also as the requirement from IIBA is that there should be some way of contact between the trainer and candidate.
What benefits do I get by registering early?
Can I attend a demo live class?
You can attend our free live webinars and ask your queries to our experts. The link to register for the same is given below :-
You can also sign up free with your LinkedIn id or with your email id in our learning portal and access the free sample content worth $100 including 120 questions on CBAP.
Can I access a recording of the previous classes?
All classes are recorded and shared with participants for CBAP Advanced Plan and CBAP Ultimate plan.
Where can I see the program dates?
You can see the program dates in our calendar page.
Will I be permitted to attend a compensatory class if I fail to attend any class?
Yes. Number of compensation classes is provided as per the plans you enroll. CBAP Essential comes with 1 compensation class, CBAP Advanced 4 compensation class and CBAP Ultimate with 8 compensation classes
Is there a discount for IIBA members for the workshop?
No. There is no discount for the workshop for IIBA members, however, we have attractive offers for corporates, military personnel, and students etc.
We also have attractive offers for enrolling together in a group please see all the details in this link: https://www.adaptiveus.com/offers/
Do I need to go certification in the order of ECBA, CCBA, and then CBAP?
No. You can go to any level directly if you meet IIBA eligibility criteria.
If you are having more than 5 years of BA experience, you can directly go for CBAP. Please go through the eligibility criteria here:-
How does IIBA do the experience verification?
IIBA does the experience verification through application filling
Whether my application will be taken for audit?
Random audits are performed for all levels of the certification framework. Audits include validating the work experience, professional development and references submitted in your application.
If your audit is not passed, the reason will be communicated to you via email and your application will not be approved. All fees paid will be forfeited. You may reapply only after you have remedied the reasons for the audit not passing. You may also appeal the Certification Body’s decision to fail the audit of the application by e-mailing email@example.com.
How I will get $300 cash back?
$300 cash back includes Early bird discount/Quick Decision Discount, friend referral and Passing CBAP within 3 months after our training.
Please see the offer details here:-
Can I do self study and pass?
We would not recommend self study for the following reasons
- You need 35 PDUs for the IIBA application process and PD hours are obtained only from the live training.
- Clearing CBAP is not an easy job since there are no direct book based questions.
- All the questions require deeper understanding of concepts, tasks and techniques which comes only with the guidance and mentoring of a great guide and study materials.
- Time management remains a big challenge till date and the exam prep tricks and tips from our coaches helps our participants to sail through this challenge.
Do you conduct corporate classes for CBAP/CCBA/ECBA?
Yes. You can send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for requesting group training. Please go through the details here:-
We have conducted in house workshops for many top IT MNC’s like:
- Cognizant Technology Services
- Credit Suisse
- Société Générale
- Renault Nissan
- Royal Bank of Scotland
- ECC International and many more
What has been Adaptive’s success rate?
We are proud to say that till now 97+%of participants who have appeared in CBAP after going through our CBAP Preparatory workshops have cleared the certification in the first attempt. We have certified more than 260 CBAP professionals on V3 as of now.
What is the infrastructure requirement for attending the live classes?
You need to have a laptop/desktop, Microphone /Speaker & high speed internet connectivity for attending our training. Please see the details here:-
Is the certification fee included in the program fee?
The certification fee & IIBA membership fee is included in Plan Ultimate.
Do you cover domain related aspects in the program?
Domain knowledge is acquired over long years of practice and experience hence it is impractical to cover domain knowledge within a short-term course. We cover only IT BA skills which include all the tools, techniques, skills expected of a BA.
Can I see the list of participants who have completed CBAP from Adaptive?
You can see the list of participants who have completed CBAP from Adaptive in the link below:
What is your class size?
Class size is approximately 15 to 20 persons per batch.
How many PDU’s will I receive for CBAP certification from Adaptive CBAP training?
You will receive 35 PDUs from our CBAP training for CBAP certification.
Can the PDU’s be claimed for CBAP as well as CCBA?
Yes. The PDU’s can be claimed for CCBA as well as CBAP certification.
What are the fees to become a member of IIBA?
Fee for the membership varies as per the country of residence and can be found here:
- Region 1 – 125 USD – USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Europe, UK etc
- Region 2 – 85 USD – Singapore, Malaysia, Middle East Asian countries etc
- Region 3 – 55 USD – India, Pakistan, Thailand, Tanzania etc
See the details of country wise membership price in the link below:
Can I move my training session to some other month?
Yes. You can move your training to some other month by paying a small administrative charge.
I have a break in my career. Can I take IIBA certifications?
Yes. As long as you meet IIBA work experience criteria is met.
I am unemployed. Can I apply for IIBA certification?
Yes. As long as you meet IIBA work experience criteria is met.
Who is the current contact for application filling?
Current contact is a person with whom you have worked in the last 6 months
What is the difference between each training plan?
CBAP Essential is the basic plan.
CBAP Advanced includes onetime retake fee, session recordings, hard copy study guide, more questions and more simulations.
CBAP Ultimate includes all your expenses such as IIBA membership fee, CBAP Application fee, CBAP Examination fee and one time retake fee.
Please go through the following link for detailed comparison
How can I extend my Suxeed portal access?
Yes, you can extend your access with an additional payment.
How long are the PDUs valid?
PDUs are valid for 4 years
Further to this training what is the procedure for getting certified by IIBA?
The certification has certain pre requisites, you have to ensure that those are met and then you can apply for the certification based on the same.
You can get information on the pre requisites of CBAP certification from the following link:
You should get 2 references from a career manager, client or CBAP® recipient.
Then attend CBAP Master prep class to gain the 35 mandatory PDU from an EEP (Endorsed Education Provider) to IIBA.
Start your preparation and complete the CBAP application filing with IIBA.
Pay your exam fees and fix your exam date with IIBA.
What is the cost of attaining an IIBA® certification?
CBAP Certification cost for members and non-members are as follows:
- Members : Membership Fee 125 USD + Application fee of $125 USD+ examination Fee of $325 = $575 total
- Non-members: Application fee of $125 USD+ examination Fee of $450 = $575 total
Where will the certification exams be held?
The certification exams are held in all major cities of the country wherever pro-metric centers are available.
Please check the link below to know your nearest prometric centre:
How long does it take to appear for the certification exam after the program?
We typically recommend 150-200 hours of preparation after this training session. You should go through BABOK good 2/3 no of times and follow the below given process.
1. Just start with making a schedule to prepare
2. Start your preparation with Adaptive study guide
3. Take up one chapter at a time from Adaptive Study guide and start testing your preparation with the chapter based questions
4. Complete the IIBA application filing with our CBAP application simulator that we provide you as part of the training deliverable
5. Revise your concepts; go through BABoK once and Adaptive Study guide 2/3 times
6. Take 1800+ Adaptive CBAP model questions to test your preparation
7. Do 2 more revision of study guide and Adaptive question bank
8. Once you are scoring about 80- 85% in the model questions you are ready to go for it
9. Book your exam dates in about 1 or 2 weeks later preferably on a Monday
10. Take the exam
Is there a discount on exam fees for IIBA members?
There is 125 USD discount for IIBA members on the examination fees.
How many questions are on the exam?
There will be 120 multiple choice questions.
What kind of questions are there for the Certification?
All the questions are multiple choices with four possible answers from which to select. Some questions are based on “comprehension” (e.g., definition, recall, etc.) and others are based on “situational analysis” (e.g. given a scenario, which is the best course of action) where the applicant must perform analysis to arrive at the answer. It is neither all of one type or the other but covers a range of Blooms taxonomy.
What is the exam based on?
The exam is based on the BABOK® V3Guide; however, it is not the sole source of questions on the exam. In addition to the BABOK® V3 Guide itself, the exam also tests candidates’ knowledge of sources referenced by the BABOK® Guide and candidates’ business analysis experience.
How long will I have to complete the exam?
Candidates will be given three and a half hours to complete the exam for CBAP.
How will I know if I passed the exam?
Exam candidates will be notified immediately on screen once they have submitted their computer based exam. For those who fail the exam, they will be provided with additional information, specifically the Knowledge Areas that require their attention. (Please note that with the launch of a new exam, immediate scoring is not available until the Cut Score study is complete, about two months after the launch of the exam.)
How long is CBAP certification valid?
CBAP Certification is valid for 3 years.
How does IIBA contact the references?
IIBA Contacts the references through their email id. The references need to fill the candidate’s details in the link provided by IIBA.
Can I upgrade my training plans?
Yes, you can upgrade your plans with additional payment of the differential amount between the plans.
Can I get my retake fee back if I pass in first attempt?
Please note that we don’t collect the retake fees in the plan and hence we can’t waive/refund that. This is something we pay from our end if someone has signed up for success guarantee.
What do you mean by Success Guarantee?
Adaptive will fund your retake fees ($250 for CBAP) in case you don’t clear the certification on the first attempt after following our suggested preparation plan. The success guarantee terms are given below: –
Are the prices mentioned in the website in USD?
Yes. the prices are in USD.
What is the most popular plan people go for?
The most popular plan is CBAP Advanced as it comes with success guarantee/retake fee, of $250.
However we suggest you to take a look at all the plans and features and decide based on your need and budget – https://www.adaptiveus.com/CBAP-training-plans/