CCBA Exam Pattern
The CCBA certification (Certification of Capability in Business Analysis) is the 2nd level business analysis certification from IIBA. This is the most sought-after certifications for mid-level business analysts to excel in the corporate world.
While it remains a desirable designation globally among the Business analysts its also known to be a tough exam to clear , especially more so in BABoK v3 scheme of competency-based certification.
This post will describe the CCBA exam pattern.
CCBA exam focuses on
- Requirements Analysis and Design Definition -32%
- Strategy Analysis -12%
- Requirements Life Cycle Management – 18%
- Solution Evaluation -6%
- Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring – 12%
- Elicitation and Collaboration – 20%
CCBA Exam Pattern:
- 3 hours long exam
- 130 multiple choice questions.
- The questions are scenario-based (i.e. the candidate must do a bit of analysis to arrive at the answer)
- It is competency-based and aligned with BABOK® Guide Version 3.
CCBA Exam location/ Mode
The CCBA exam is conducted in Prometric test center available in all major global cities
Please check the address of the CCBA exam center here
The link to book your exam is –
What not to expect in CCBA
- Do not expect many questions straight from BABoK from input, output, techniques etc
- Do not expect the exam to be easy
- Do not expect to have the luxury of time
- Do not expect to pass CCBA certification exam without having adequate experience as a business analyst
Suggested reading for CCBA –
CCBA Certification Tips
Watch the recordings for the IIBA webinar on “How to best prepare for CCBA certification” by our trainer LN Mishra here: