What is ECBA certification
Entry level Certificate in Business Analysis (ECBA) is the first level certificate in business analysis provided by IIBA. It recognizes individuals entering the field of business analysis.
ECBA Certification is beneficial to:
- Individuals entering the BA profession
- New graduates
- Professionals aiming to switch over to a BA career
More info on this – https://adaptiveus.com/ecba-certification/
Benefits of the ECBA certification
Demand for business analysts is all time high and benefits are worth taking-up business analyst as a career choice.
ECBA not only gives you a rock solid foundation for getting into the BA profession also helps you with a global certification.
ECBA is framed rightly to suit the needs of an entry level Business analyst focusing on requirements analysis, modeling, and requirements life cycle management with good amount of emphasis on modeling concepts and tools.
- Enable to make an entry in BA career
- Helps to move from one career to another career
- Designation recognized by international governing body, similar to PMI
- Non-industry specific designation
- Growing trend in BA job opportunities
- Good opportunity for people in technical field to get into management field.
- Business Analysts are in great demand by companies in IT, Healthcare like IBM, Unisys, Infosys, Wipro, CTS and others which seek trained personnel who can handle critical business projects.
- Industry reports predict that business analysis will be among the fastest growing IT occupations and business analysis is among the top desired skills for tech workers.
You can watch the following video to know by our expert Lora McCoy the benefits of ECBA Cetification:-
What is the eligibility criteria for ECBA®?
Eligibility criteria for ECBA (Certification of Capability in Business Analysis):
- No Work Experience required
- No Knowledge Area expertise required
- Minimum 21 hours of Professional Development Training in the past four years
Please see the eligibility criteria on the given link:
How do I take up ECBA test?
Please see above for the eligibility criteria for ECBA and apply directly with IIBA for the certification. The ECBA exam can be taken up from home.
The ECBA exam is a live web based exam on proctored mode that requires a desktop or laptop, a working webcam, and microphone.
Key details of the examination pattern are mentioned below:
➥ No. of multiple choice questions – 50
➥ Duration of Examination – 1 Hour
➥ Basic multiple choice that test the candidate’s knowledge and understanding
What is the ECBA certification Process?
ECBA certification recommended approach would be
1. Attend our ECBA Master prep class to gain the 21 mandatory PDU
3. Start your preparation with Adaptive study guide and BABoK v3
4. Complete the ECBA application filing with IIBA
5. Take 1000+ Adaptive ECBA model questions to test your preparation
6. Revise your concepts
7. Book your exam dates
8. Do 2 more revision of study guide and Adaptive question bank
9. Once you are scoring about 80- 85% in the model questions you are ready to go for it
10. Take the exam
What are the benefits of becoming a member of IIBA?
There are many benefits of becoming a member of IIBA. Some of which are
- Local, national and international networking opportunities
- Ability to influence the growth and direction of the business analysis profession
- Access to a free copy of the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® (BABOK® Guide) v3.0
- Discounted fee for the CBAP® certification examination
- Knowledge sharing and networking opportunities through the IIBA Community Network
- Access to the exclusive IIBA monthly publication Quick Tips for Better Business Analysis™ e-Bulletin
- Eligibility to join a local IIBA Chapter
- Access to a free copy of the Business Analysis Competency Model
- Access to IIBA Webinars a range of professional development topics
- Job search capabilities using Career Centre
- Free access to the Agile Extension to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge®(BABOK®) Guide
- Access to a free copy of the BABOK® Learning Guide
- View Business Analyst Salary Survey results
- Become a member of community of thousands of business analysis professionals worldwide
How long is the validity of IIBA membership?
IIBA memberships are valid for 1 year. This can be renewed by paying the next years fees.
When are the courses being conducted and in which location?
Our course is WebEx based instructor led live online sessions on weekends. You can attend our sessions from any part of the world.
Please refer to the training calendar in the website where the fees, and dates of the training is published https://adaptiveus.com/calendar/
Why should I choose AdaptiveUS?
Please refer to the following link on why should you chose Adaptive
You can refer the following link for a detailed comparison with our nearest competitor.
Few more points you should see is as follows:
- Faculty profiles – Industry expert trainers who are part of the BABoK V3 authoring and question setting team
- Our proven success rate above 99+% – ECBA Certified List
- Revisit your classes with class recordings – (Please go through the sample class video of our three instructors)
- Comprehensive support – Webinars, Study Guide,
Question Bank, Simulator, Video learning, Audio Books, Flash Cards, Class recordings in videos, mindmap, glossary, BABoK work book, tehniqes book, exam alerts etc
- Amazing past feedback
- Finally your peace of mind
Our success guaranteed program lets you take risk while we bear the cost of re-take by any vague chance if you don’t succeed on the first attempt.
Session Plan for ECBA?
Please go through the following link to see detailed session plan
Is the program aligned to BABOK V3.0?
Yes. The program is completely aligned to BABOK V3.0; it covers all the following Practice areas as per BABOK V3.0
- Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring
- Requirements elicitation
- Requirements management and Communication
- Enterprise Analysis
- Requirements Analysis
- Solution Assessment and Validation
- Underlying Competencies like analytical thinking and problem solving, Communication Skills, Negotiation Skills etc
How is the training delivered?
The classes are virtual instructor led-live sessions through Webex with classes being recorded.
The classes are live and interactive, you can ask questions to the coach see what he shares like presentation, templates and articles etc and listen to him.
Number of Classes – 5 sessions of 4.5 hours each
For class dates and timings as per your time zone refer to the calendar – AdaptiveUS.com/calendar/
All classes are recorded and shared with participants for Plan Advanced and Ultimate.
What has been the feedback from previous business analysis sessions?
Please provide the instructor profile and details of his experience
We have multiple trainers for the workshops.
1) Peter Johnson –
Part of BABoK v2 and V3 Author Team
Part of BABoK v2 and V3 Exam Committee
Founder of IIBA New Jersey Chapter
30+ years of working experience as a Business Analyst
2) LN Mishra –
Part of BABoK V3 Exam Committee
24+ years of working experience as a Business Analyst
Author of 20+ BA Books
Mentor to 160+ CBAP world wide
3) Lora McCoy
Regional Director, IIBA Central Americas Chapter
President, IIBA Oklahoma Chapter
20+ years of working experience as a Business Analyst
Please refer to our web-site for updated list of trainers:
All our trainers are selected through a stringent process as give below:
- All the prospective trainers have to be CBAP to qualify for the post of trainer.
- The person should have minimum 7 years of experience in the domain of business Analysis with good exposure to Business Analysis tasks like but not limited to requirements gathering, requirements documentation/definition, requirements management, modeling techniques etc.
- The person is then evaluated on 2 mock and live classes based on successful completion of this the trainer is selected
- After selection the trainer is continuously monitored on his performance based on the participant feedback
All the participant feedback is continuously being monitored and analyzed for suitable action.
Will there be assistance in the ECBA Application process?
Yes. Application filing, application review, reference help, and approval are included in our higher plans ECBA Advanced and Ultimate.
Plan 1 includes the ECBA application simulator which exactly captures the IIBA requirements in a step by step process thus enabling you to complete the IIBA application process smoothly. But you will not get any faculty help for review of application.
Will I get a course completion/PD hour Certificate at the end of the program? Will I get PDU certificate even after missing the session also?
Yes. You can download your 21 PDU certificate from Suxeed portal after completion of your classes.
Yes. You will get your PDU certificate if you miss any session also as the requirement from IIBA is that there should be some way of contact between the trainer and candidate.
What benefits do I get by registering early?
Yes. We have early bird discount for all the plans for enrollments up to 20th of the previous month.
You can see the discounted amount and early bird date in the below given link.
Can I attend a demo live class?
You can attend our free live webinars and ask your queries to our experts. The link to register for the same is given below:-
You can also sign up free with your LinkedIn id or with your email id in our learning portal and access the free sample content worth $100 including 50 questions on ECBA.
Can I access a recording of the previous classes?
All classes are recorded and shared with participants for ECBA Advanced Plan and ECBA Ultimate plan.
Where can I see the program dates?
You can see the programme dates in our calendar page.
Do you conduct corporate classes for ECBA?
Yes. Yes. You can send a mail to email@example.com for requesting group training. Please go through the details here:-
We have conducted in house workshops for many top IT MNC’s like:
- Cognizant Technology Services
- Credit Suisse
- Société Générale
- Renault Nissan
- Royal Bank of Scotland
- ECC International and many more
What has been Adaptive’s success rate?
We are proud to say that till now 99+% of participants who have appeared in ECBA after going through our ECBA Preparatory workshops have all cleared the certification in the first attempt. We have certified more than150 ECBA professionals as of now and we stands at number 1 position by certifying maximum number of ECBA professionals globally.
What is the infrastructure requirement for attending the live classes?
You need to have a laptop/desktop, Microphone /Speaker & high speed internet connectivity for attending our training. Please see the details here:-
Is the certification fee included in the program fee?
The certification fee & IIBA membership fee is included in ECBA Plan Ultimate.
Do you cover domain related aspects in the program?
Domain knowledge is acquired over long years of practice and experience hence it is impractical to cover domain knowledge within a short term course. We cover only IT BA skills which include all the tools, techniques, skills expected of a BA.
Can I see the list of participants who have completed ECBA from Adaptive?
You can see the list of participants who have completed ECBA from Adaptive in the link below:
How many PDU’s will I receive for ECBA certification?
You will receive 21 PDUs from our ECBA training for ECBA certification.
What is your class size?
Class size is approximately 15 to 20 persons per batch.
Can the PDU’s be claimed for ECBA as well as CCBA and CBAP?
Yes.. The 21 PDU’s claimed for ECBA certification can be used for CCBA .
But this can not be used for CBAP as CBAP requires 35PDU.
What are the fees to become a member of IIBA?
Fee for the membership varies as per the country of residence and can be found here:
- Region 1 – 125 USD – USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Europe, UK
- Region 2 – 85 USD – Singapore, Malaysia, Middle East Asian countries
- Region 3 – 55 USD – India, Pakistan, Thailand, Tanzania
See the details of country wise membership price in the link below:
Further to this training what is the procedure for getting certified by IIBA?
You can get information on the IIBA certification pre requisites from the following link:
The certification has certain pre requisites, you have to ensure that those are met and then you can apply for the certification based on the same.
For ECBA certification you should have Minimum 21 hours of Professional Development Training from EEP (Endorsed Education Provider) to IIBA.
What is the cost of attaining an IIBA® certification?
ECBA Certification cost for members and non-members are as follows:
- Members : Membership Fee 125 USD + Application fee of $60 USD+ examination Fee of $110 = $295 total
- Non-members: Application fee of $60 USD+ examination Fee of $235 = $295 total
How long does it take to appear for the certification exam after the program?
We recommend a total of 6 weeks preparation for ECBA including classes and it spans over 80-100 hours of effort. You should go through BABOK good 2/3 no of times and follow the below our ECBA recommended approach.
1. Just start with making a schedule to prepare
2. Start your preparation with Adaptive study guide
3. Take up one chapter at a time from Adaptive Study guide and start testing your preparation with the chapter based questions
4. Complete the IIBA application filing with our ECBA application simulator that we provide you as part of the training deliverable
5. Revise your concepts; go through BABoK once and Adaptive Study guide 2/3 times
6. Take 1000+ Adaptive ECBA model questions to test your preparation
7. Do 2 more revision of study guide and Adaptive question bank
8. Once you are scoring about 80- 85% in the model questions you are ready to go for it
9. Book your exam dates in about 1 or 2 weeks later preferably on a Monday
10. Take the exam
Is there a discount on exam fees for IIBA members?
There is 125 USD discount for IIBA members on the examination fees.
What is the exam based on?
The exam is based on the BABOK® V3Guide; however, it is not the sole source of questions on the exam. In addition to the BABOK® V3 Guide itself, the exam also tests candidates’ knowledge of sources referenced by the BABOK® Guide and candidates’ business analysis experience.
How will I know if I passed the exam?
Exam candidates will be notified immediately on screen once they have submitted their computer based exam. For those who fail the exam, they will be provided with additional information, specifically the Knowledge Areas that require their attention. (Please note that with the launch of a new exam, immediate scoring is not available until the Cut Score study is complete, about two months after the launch of the exam.)
How many times can I take the exam?
Upon receiving notice that your application has been approved, you have one (1) year to successfully pass the exam. If you fail the exam on the first attempt, you may retake the exam once, after paying the rewrite fee. If you do not successfully pass the exam within one year of your application approval (either because you did not pass the exam after one or two attempts, or because you did not sit for it), you must reapply and pay the full fee.
What is the fee for the program?
Please refer to the training calendar published in the website where the fees, location and dates of the training are published.
You can register in the training calendar page https://adaptiveus.com/calendar/ by making the payment for the plan and month you want.
What are the fees and discounts?
The fees details and discounts can be found in the online calendar published here https://adaptiveus.com/calendar/
For all other offers and group discounts please refer the following link:-
NOTE: Only one discount option is applicable at any time.
What are the payment options for the course?
The various payment options are
2. Debit and Credit card
Will there be any refund of fee paid if I fail to attend the program?
No. cancellations are not allowed in our ECBA training programmes. But you are allowed to attend another month training session if you miss the registered month training session.
Will there be any discount for a group of participants referred by me even if they are from different organization?
Please go through the group discount details here:-
Will I be permitted to attend a compensatory class if I fail to attend any class?
Yes. Number of compensation classes is provided as per the plans you enroll. ECBA Essential comes with 1 compensation class, ECBA Advanced 4 compensation class and ECBA Ultimate with 8 compensation classes.
Is there a discount for IIBA members for the workshop?
No. There is no discount for the workshop for IIBA members, however we have attractive offers for corporates, military personnel and students etc.
We also have attractive offers for enrolling together in a group please see all the details in this link: https://www.adaptiveus.com/offers/
How I will get $300 cash back?
$300 cash back includes Early bird discount/Quick Decision Discount, friend referral and Passing CBAP within 3 months after our training.
Please see the offer details here:-
Can I do self study and pass?
Yes. Self study with our ECBA self learning pack will provide you 21 PDUs for ECBA certification. Although IIBA® allows one to take the exam without any classroom training; it will be really hard to understand the new BABoK without help of an expert instructor. BABoK V3 is 500+ pages long and quiet complex to follow. An expert instructor can help you to understand BABoK v3 very quickly. All the questions require deeper understanding of concepts, tasks and techniques which comes only with the guidance and mentoring of a great guide and study materials. Time management remains a big challenge till date and the exam prep tricks and tips from our coaches helps our participants to sail through this challenge. Hence we strongly recommend you to go for an instructor led ECBA® Course.
Can I move my training session to some other month?
Yes. You can move your training to some other month by paying a small administrative charge.
I have a break in my career. Can I take IIBA certifications?
Yes. As long as you meet the IIBA eligibility criteria.
I am unemployed. Can I apply for IIBA certification?
Yes. As long as you meet the IIBA eligibility criteria.
What is the difference between each training plan?
ECBA Essential is the basic plan.
ECBA Advanced includes onetime retake fee, session recordings, hard copy study guide, more questions and more simulations.
ECBA Ultimate includes all your expenses such as IIBA membership fee, ECBA Application fee, ECBA Examination fee and one time retake fee.
Please go through the following link for detailed comparison
How can I extend my Suxeed portal access?
Yes, you can extend your access with an additional payment.
How long are the PDUs valid?
PDUs are valid for 4 years
How long is ECBA certification valid?
ECBA Certification is valid for lifelong since this is the beginner level.
You can move up to the other certifications once you start working as a BA and acquire some more BA experience.
Can I upgrade my training plans?
Yes, you can upgrade your plans with additional payment of the differential amount between the plans.
Can I get my retake fee back if I pass in first attempt?
Please note that we don’t collect the retake fees in the plan and hence we can’t waive/refund that. This is something we pay from our end if someone has signed up for success guarantee.
What do you mean by Success Guarantee?
Adaptive will fund your retake fees in case you don’t clear the certification on the first attempt after following our suggested preparation plan.
The success guarantee terms are given below: –
Are the prices mentioned in the website in USD?
Yes. The prices are in USD.
What is the most popular plan people go for?
The most popular plan is ECBA Advanced as it comes with success guarantee/retake fee, of $85.
However we suggest you to take a look at all the plans and features and decide based on your need and budget –
How long I can access the recordings?
You can access the session recordings until your access period expires as per your enrolled plan
Do you provide us a copy of BABoK?
BABoK is downloadable from IIBA site once you become a member. We recommend you to become an IIBA member since it has a discount of $125 for members on exam fees for ECBA, and also access to whole lot of resources.
We provide you a study guide which is an abridged version of BABoK with only certification essentials captured