Entry Certificate in Business Analysis (ECBA) is the 1st level certification provided by International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA), Canada (www.IIBA.org).
Following are some of the benefits of becoming an ECBA :
- Be recognized for your competency in business analysis.
- Business analysis is fastest growing career opportunity for IT professionals.
- People with domain experience can move into IT sector by becoming a business analyst.
- Better job prospects.
- Better salary.
Target Audience for ECBA®
ECBA examination targets following audience:
- Individuals entering business analysis profession:
- Students enrolled in business analysis academic programs
- New graduates
- Professionals transitioning careers
- Functional managers who are not business analysts but manage them.
Eligibility for ECBA®
- Prior business analysis-related work is not required
- Professional development: 21 hours of verifiable BABOK® coursework in last 4 years. Adaptive US is an authorized EEP of IIBA®, its training provides desired PDUs for ECBA® certification examination.
- References: not required.
- Prior knowledge area expertise is not required.
- Signed code of conduct is required.
ECBA Question pattern
- This is a knowledge-based examination.
- Multiple choice questions
- 50 questions
- Testing knowledge
- 1 hour
Examination weightage – KA wise
|Business Analysis Knowledge|
|Business Analysis & business analysis Professional||2.5%|
|Business Analysis Key Concepts||5%|
|BABOK® Guide Knowledge Areas|
|Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring||5%|
|Elicitation and Collaboration||20%|
|Requirements Life Cycle Management||20%|
|Requirements Analysis and Design Definition||24%|