Proudly Associated with.........
- Business analysis
- Strategy formulation
- Business process re-engineering
- Software engineering
- Requirements analysis
- Stakeholder management
- ERP implementation
- ERP Packages and Tools
- Oracle Apps
- UML modeling
- Business process modeling (BizAgi)
I have 24+ years of professional experience in agile software development, requirements analysis, business analysis, IT GRC and management consulting.
I currently play the role of business analysis thought leader and product owner, SuXeed, Adaptive’s flagship learning solution. I have been part of multiple large system developments, In-country Value System for PDO Oman and Color Data Management System for AkzoNobel.
I was also involved in multiple large ERP implementation projects. I was involved in one of the world’s largest change management program in PricewaterhouseCoopers, for a large utility agency.
I have conducted 200+ workshops in business analysis, requirements management, agile, software project management, Six Sigma, CMM, ISO 9001, and ISO 27001. I have guided 30+ six sigma projects in iGate, MACH, and Akzo Nobel.
I hold a Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) from IIM Ahmedabad and BE (Honours) in Electronics.
Detailed professional experiences
- 24+ years of professional experience in software and consulting (software product development, business analysis, organizational change management, business process re-engineering), SW quality (CMMI, ISO 9001, Six-Sigma), information security (ISO 27001), IT service management (ISO 20000).
- Practicing business analyst for Fortune 100 client in paints and chemicals, and with Adaptive Processes for its Enterprise Governance, Risk and Compliance management system, GRCPerfect.
- Conducted 100+ workshops in US, India, Spain, Thailand in Agile, Scrum, Business Analysis and ISO series of standards.
- Published 10+ books on business analysis and requirements engineering.
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) from IIBA, Canada.
- Certified Scrum Master from Good Agile, USA.
- World topper in Certified Software Quality Analyst (CSQA) from QAI, USA, 2000.
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) from PMI, USA,
- Consulted several clients in US, Europe, India including Toshiba, Nordstrom, iGate, Ness, MACH, Empower Research and Clutch Group.
- Personally steered 25+ clients for ISO 9001, ISO 27001 and ISO 20000 certifications.
- Designed and developed 25+ QMS, ISMS.
- Conducted 200+ training programs – both public and in-house on Business Analysis , Agile Project Management, Quality (CMMI, ISO, Six Sigma).
- Worked in multiple Oracle implementation projects in Financials, Inventory and Sales Compensation modules in Toshiba (US), Nordstrom (US), IKON Office Solutions (US), and Toshiba (Germany).
- Winner of Infosys Excellence Award.
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM), Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad, 1996.
- Bachelor in Engineering (Electronics & Telecommunication) (Hons.), University College of Engineering, Burla, Orissa, 1992, (81 %).
- World Topper, Certified Quality Analyst Examination, 2000, QAI, USA
- Winner of Infosys Excellence Award for 2002
- 2nd Position in University in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering, University College of Engineering, Orissa, India, 1992
- 3rd Position in Orissa, India, High School Certificate Examination, 1986.
Business analyst, Principal Consultant, and Trainer, Adaptive US, August 2005 onwards
Product Architect and Business Analyst – SuXeed – Adaptive BA Learning Solution – Aug 2015 to date
SuXeed is the most comprehensive BA learning system. It contains 100+ videos, 3000+ questions, 2000+ pages of BA content, audio books, flash cards, full length simulations for IIBA® certification examination. Has multiple categories of questions: Concept, Drill and Full length simulations and has online Assessment System with similar features as IIBA® assessment system. Supports extensive reporting on assessment results and performance and deployed on Microsoft Azure cloud platform.
Product Architect and Business Analyst – GRCPerfect – Aug 2005 to April 2016
GRCPerfect is an Enterprise Governance, Risk, and Compliance Management System. It is designed to help companies implement Governance, Quality, and Information Security Management Systems in an integrated manner. It is extremely user-friendly, simple, easy to maintain yet very effective. It has pre-built processes for CMMI Level 5, ISO 27001, and ISO 9001. It is a complete data management system for CMMI Level 3, ISO 9001, and ISMS. GRCPerfect is live with more than 10 clients in India and US.
Business Analyst – Enterprise Data Management System, Leading Paint Manufacturer in the world, Feb 2011 to April 2016
I am helping the client in collecting requirements, responsible for collecting requirements for the new system, document requirements, and interface with software design and development team, test the solution developed.
ISO 20000 and ISO 27001 Implementation, Accel Frontline
ISO 9001 Implementation, MindTree, Clutch Group
Head-PMO, Ness Technologies
ISO 27001 and ISO 9001 Implementation, Clutch Group
IBM Global Services India (IGSI), 2004 Apr – 2005 Jul
Manager – Software Quality Assurance
- Ensuring CMMI Level 5 compliance for Telecom accounts of IBM India
- Manage metrics and auditing projects to ensure compliance to client and organizational policies towards CMMI, ISO 9001 and ISO 27001
- Responsible for Customer Satisfaction (CSAT) process for IGSI for 300+ clients every half year
Infosys Technologies Limited, 1999 Aug – 2003 Sep
Oracle Financials Implementation, Toshiba Electronics, Germany
I was involved in implementation of Oracle Financials and Distribution modules, primary module being Oracle Receivables. I was involved in user requirements analysis, fit gap, solution development, customisation, user training and acceptance. I was also involved in project planning and estimation. This was a complete end-to-end implementation involving about 7 Oracle Applications modules and interfaces to several satellite systems.
Oracle Financials Implementation, Nordstrom, USA
I led the change management aspects of Oracle Financials implementation for Nordstrom. The project had fundamental implications for Nordstrom employees including its top management and impacted entire organisation as the financial reporting structure changed.
I was involved in strategy, planning and execution of the change management aspects. Primary focus areas were stakeholder expectation management, communication, skill building, team morale and ongoing support issues.
PricewaterhouseCoopers, India, 1997 Apr – 1999 Jun
Orissa State Electricity Board Privatization
The project was path-breaking in its nature is the very first of electricity utility privatizations in India and had multiple stakeholders including utility supplier for one of the states in India, the state and central governments, World Bank, and Department for International Development, Govt. of UK, private investors and consumers. The project successfully transformed the utility from a loss-making government concern to a professionally managed commercially viable private organization.
I was responsible for interfacings with the top management of the utility agencies, workers union and consumer groups in a highly volatile and political environment. I was responsible for one of the project office operations including setting it up from scratch, equipping with requisite infrastructure and staffing. We as a team streamlined the revenue activities that yielded spectacular results. In one of the oldest distribution divisions, we improved energy-billed % by 20 % and collections over 30 %. In another division, we achieved an input to billing ratio of 70 % and collection efficiency greater than 90 %, which are comparable to some of the best-run utilities worldwide.
Ramco Systems, India, 1996 May – 1997 Mar
Business Development Manager
Centre for Development of Telematics (CDOT), 92 Aug to 94 Jun
Telecom R&D Engineer