100% Pass Guarantee
On Your ECBA Exam
1000+ IIBA Certifications Completed
ECBA Certification - ECBA Training - ECBA Virtual and Corporate Live Training - ECBA Study Guide - ECBA Prep Questions - ECBA Simulators - 21 IIBA PD Hours
IIBA Endorsed ECBA Certification Prep Training
Success guarantee | Money back Guarantee | Session Guarantee
ECBA training & certification enhances your employability by demonstrating a solid understanding of the Business Analysis Fundamentals.
Land your first BA job in one of the fastest growing occupations with 14% projected industry growth*
*US Bureau of Labour Statistics
Adaptive ECBA Training Key Deliverables
|21 IIBA PD Hours / PDUs / CDUs||24 Hours of Live ECBA Online Training||Success Guarantee of $85 – (Rewrite fees included) and 100% moneyback guarantee|
|Simplified ECBA Study Guide||1000+ ECBA Model Questions||6 ECBA Simulations|
|IIBA Application Filing Support||BABoK Mind Maps||ECBA Audio Books|
|ECBA Flash Cards||4 Months Access to Fortnightly Tutorials||Session Recordings|
|Faculty Presentations||Extended BABoK 600 terms Glossary||BABoK Based Workbook|
|BABoK Study Tables||Training Duration + 4 Months Learning Portal Access||ECBA Exam Prep Plan & Exam tips|
100% Success Guaranteed ECBA Online Training
We succeed with your success and fail with your failure. Learn More
IIBA approved courseware
BABoK V3 based ECBA Study Guide
Make learning fun with ECBA Flashcards
File IIBA application confidently
24 hours of Live Instructor Led ECBA Training
Revisit what you learned during the training
Over 10+ hours of ECBA Video learning
Learn on the go with ECBA Audiobooks!
Access to faculty presentation
Exhaustive 1000+ ECBA Practice Questions
SuXeed offers you more
Access to Live Exam Prep Tutorials for 4 months
We support you till you Succeed
Upcoming ECBA Instructor-Led Live Sessions Program Schedule
For team training, please send your request to Info@AdaptiveUS.com.
Whole of USA, Canada, Europe, South America, Africa, Middle East, India
(New York City, Chicago, Philadelphia, Charlotte, Jacksonville, Indianapolis, Columbus, Detroit, Miami, Boston, Baltimore, Orlando, Jacksonville, Virginia Beach, Portland, Newark, Jersey City, Richmond, Portsmouth, Raleigh, Atlanta, Houston, Fort Lauderdale, Austin, Dallas, San Antonio, Aurora, Des Moines, London, Toronto, Saskatoon, Regina, Quebec, Ottawa, Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton, Dubai, Frankfurt, Riyadh, Johannesburg, Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin, Prague, Vienna, Madrid, Copenhagen, Lisbon, Dublin, Stockholm, Munich, Budapest, Copenhagen, Madison, New Jersey, Washington D.C. , Hamilton, Hartford, Wilmington, Brunswick, Maine, Concord, New Hampshire, Richmond, Virginia, Burlington, Oklahoma City, Phoenix, Denver, Halifax, Ontario, Montreal, Kingston, Mississauga, Victoria, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Kuwait, Muscat, Cairo, Rome, Barcelona, Edinburgh, Athens, Zurich, Brussels, Milan, Hague, Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires, Rio de Janeiro, Lima, Bogota, Santiago, Caracas, Brasilia, Lagos, Dar es Salaam)
|Feb||13 Feb - 27 Feb||Sat & Sun||9.00 to 13.00 ET - New York time|
|Mar||13 Mar - 21 Mar||Sat & Sun||9.00 to 13.00 ET - New York time|
|Mar||18 Mar - 26 Mar||Thu & Fri||13.00 to 17.00 ET - New York time|
|Apr||10 Apr - 18 Apr||Sat & Sun||9.00 to 13.00 ET - New York time|
USA West Coast, Canada West Coast
(Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, Seattle, Portland, California, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, San Jose, Portland, Oregon)
|Mar||12 Mar - 20 Mar||Fri and Sat||19.00 to 23.00 PT - Los Angeles time|
Australia, New Zealand, China, Japan, Singapore, India, Sri Lanka
(Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Canberra, Manila, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong, Bangkok, Tokyo, Jakarta, Beijing, Seoul, Auckland(NZ), Wellington(NZ))
|Mar||13 Mar - 21 Mar||Sat and Sun||11.00 to 15.00 SGT - Singapore Time*|
ECBA Success Guaranteed
$799 $549 ($250 Off)
- 21 IIBA PD hours
- 27 hours of live training including exam prep tutorials
- Success Guarantee of $85 – (Rewrite fees included) and 100% moneyback guarantee
- 1000+ Mock Questions
- 6 ECBA Simulations
- 4 months access to fortnightly exam prep tutorials (1 hour each)
- Class recording videos
- Application Filing Template & Support
- Printable Study guide
- 100+ e-learning videos
- Faculty presentations
- BABoK and Techniques Mind Maps
- BABoK Study Tables
- BABoK based Glossary - KA wise
- 4 Months Learning Portal Access
Everything in ECBA Success Guaranteed ($549) +
IIBA Membership ($125)
ECBA Application Fee ($60)
ECBA Exam Fee ($110)
- 4 Months Additional Learning Portal Access ($120)
- 8 Additional Exam Prep Tutorials ($200)
- Priority 1 Business Day Support
About Adaptive US ECBA Success Guarantee and 100% Moneyback Guarantee
Adaptive US is the only training organization to offer Success Guarantee and 100% Moneyback Guarantee on your ECBA training. As part of the success guarantee, Adaptive refunds a one time retake fees of USD 85 for the ECBA retake examination, in the off-chance that a student fails to clear the exam in the first attempt after following our suggested approach.
If the student is unsuccessful in the 2nd attempt after following our recommended approach, Adaptive will refund 100% of the money paid by the student.
We succeed with your success and fail with your failure. View complete details here.
Peter Johnson CBAP
Part of BABoK V3 Authoring and Exam Team. Founder of IIBA New Jersey Chapter. 30+ years of Business Analysis Experience
LN Mishra CBAP
Mentor to 800+ IIBA Certified Business Analysts. 24+ years of Professional Experience in BA. Part of IIBA V3 Exam Committee
Lora McCoy CBAP
Regional Director, IIBA Central Americas. Former President – IIBA Oklahoma Chapter. 22+ years of BA experience
Victoria Cupet CBAP
Regional Director, IIBA Europe and Africa. BABoK V3 Author. 25+ years of BA experience.
Tom Tomasovic ECBA, CBDA, AAC
Agile BA Practitioner, CPRE Certified. B.S. Chemical Engineering – Massachusetts Institute of Technology. 26+ years of BA experience
I am so pleased that I selected my CBAP training from Adaptive US. I had been evaluating training providers for more than 2 years. Adaptive US impressed me with the range of training materials are included in the training: study guides, an excellent outline and progress of the training from start to exam completion, the Adaptive US BABOK Mind Map, flash cards, audiobooks, an aid to complete the IIBA exam application, and a bank of 5000+ test questions. Further, they provide regularly scheduled webinars after the course work, where you can ask any questions as you study for the exam. The materials are clear and comprehensive, and my instructor, LN Mishra, is an excellent guide to all things BABOK! LN helped us understand the nuances between how we work as business analysts and how IIBA and the BABOK differ. This is where the webinars really helped explain the BABOK correct answers to the test questions. I unconditionally recommend Adaptive US for any IIBA training that you may pursue. I will certainly return to Adaptive US for my next certification, the CBDA - Certification in Business Data Analytics.
Best team to prepare you for your IIBA certification. I took the Adaptive CBAP training, leveraged their resources, took the exam, and passed in my first attempt! The Adpative team was there for me along every step. I highly recommend them!!!
Adaptive US has helped me a lot in my CBAP certification preparation. Training material is of excellent quality, question bank covers all types of questions and it helps one to understand the BA concepts well, it prepares you to be very confident when are giving your exam. Instructors are well equipped with BA knowledge and LN shared real time scenerios during the workshops/ tutorials while explaining BABOK concepts. Their customer service is also very excellent with very prompt and quick response for doubts and queries. I strongly recommend Adaptive US to all IIBA certification aspiring professionals.
The CBAP course from the Adaptive US is presented in a very clear and easy to digest format. LN explains quite complex concepts in plain English and with excellent examples. I appreciate the care taken to script each lesson, the extensive training material is of the highest quality and gives you the confidence and comfort to prepare and crack CBAP certification. The support from the Adaptive team has always been considerate. I strongly recommend Adaptive to anyone who's going to take IIBA certification exams. Thank You, Team!
I passed CBAP exam in first attempt. Adaptive US has good trainers and training material, good guidance, exam preparation time table and a lot of material that will help you study and remember what you have learnt. The simulation tests help a lot in understanding how prepared we are and that definitely helps. Thanks to the trainers and thanks Adaptive US!
I tried doing the CBAP Certification on my own with much difficulty. I was a little skeptical at first as it was a lot of money for this course. However, it was worth every cent as the courses, notes, question bank and simulation exams were definitely a huge help.
- Participant and Faculty Introductions
- Course Intro and Test Taking Tips
- Intro to Business Analysis
- BABoK Key Terminologies
- BABoK Knowledge Areas and Techniques Overview
BA Planning and Monitoring
- KA Intro
- Techniques for BA Planning
- BA Planning and Monitoring Tasks
- Plan BA Approach
- Plan Stakeholder Engagement
- Plan BA Governance
- Plan BA Information Management
- Identify BA Performance Improvements
- Techniques for Elicitation and Collaboration
Elicitation and Collaboration
- KA Intro
- Prepare for Elicitation
- Conduct Elicitation
- Confirm Elicitation Results
- Communicate BA Information
- Manage Stakeholder Collaboration
Requirements life cycle management
- KA Intro
- Techniques for Req. LCM
- Trace requirements
- Maintain requirements
- Prioritize requirements
- Assess requirements changes
- Approve requirements
Requirements Analysis and Design Definition
- KA Intro
- Techniques for RADD
- Specify and model requirements
- Verify requirements
- Validate Requirements
- Define Requirements architecture
- Define Design Options
- Analyze potential value and recommend solution
- Application Filing - PD Hours Discussion
- Concept clarification and questions discussion with faculty
What is ECBA?
The Entry Certificate in Business Analysis (ECBA) covers foundational knowledge on how to approach business analysis according to the BABOK Guide. ECBA is the entry level certification from International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA). ECBA certification requires 21 hours of training on Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABoK), a signed code of conduct and an online test spanning 1 hour. ECBA certification does not require prior BA experience and is ideal for professionals who would like to join the business analysis profession or are performing junior business analyst role.
Why ECBA Certification?
ECBA training and certification enables professionals join business analysis profession. ECBA certification holders are preferred during BA selection process. It also provides better confidence at work. Currently Adaptive has helped 235 professionals to achieve ECBA certification.
ECBA Certification Training Program Description
Adaptive ECBA training course has been developed considering the growing demands of professionals to join the BA profession. Adaptive's ECBA certification prep training is 100% online. The training program has been crafted by expert IIBA certified instructors with over 100+ years of cumulative business analysis experiences. It not only establishes a solid foundation on the industry best practices recommended by the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) but also equips ECBA aspirants to face the ECBA certification examination confidently and pass it in the very first attempt.
Adaptive’s ECBA training course is a highly interactive, conducted using reliable web conferencing systems spanning over 3 weeks (5 classes). It also comes to 12 ECBA exam prep tutorials. Expert faculties, who have been part of the BABoK authoring team and IIBA v3 exam setting committee, conduct the ECBA certification preparation training. Adaptive's ECBA training is fully aligned to the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK) v3.0 developed by IIBA.
Over the course of the training, ECBA aspirants will
- Understand and learn the established business analysis practices that are outlined in the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK) v3.0.
- Gain competence in the 6 Knowledge Areas (BA Planning and Monitoring, Elicitation and Collaboration, Requirements Life Cycle Management, Strategy Analysis, Requirements Analysis and Design Definition and Solution Evaluation).
- Master the terminologies used in the BABOK.
- Acquire sound understanding of the role, competencies and skill sets required to become an effective and result-oriented business analyst.
- Learn how to manage stakeholders effectively.
- Gain practical insights into the principles and practices of business analysis.
- Learn how to identify and apply various tools and 50 BABoK techniques in business analysis scenarios. These are essential techniques in a Business Analyst’s toolkit.
- Interact with instructors and learn how to tackle the ECBA questions through ECBA practice tests and feedback.
- Gain access to join live exam prep tutorials for 6 months, where participants can clarify all their doubts with instructors.
Weekend Virtual Live Online Classes
Attend interactive sessions by top-notch CBAP certified instructors with 25+ years of BA experience, using proven web-based conferencing system at time slots that suit your convenience. Experience world class coaching at the comfort of your home.
We provide carefully structured corporate and onsite training's to meet the growing demands of business analysis professionals and equip them to stay relevant in times of rapidly changing business environments
If you are from a non native English speaking country please note that the course expectation is to have good familiarity in English with US and International accents and good verbal and written English communication since the mode of the communication in the class and in the IIBA Certification exam is in English
For details on infrastructure requirements, please refer here.
For more FAQs on training program, please refer here.
Countries barred from IIBA exams
If you are a resident or you are currently residing in any of the below countries, you are not allowed to take IIBA exams.
- North Korea
- Crimea Region of Ukraine
Technology today offers tremendous opportunities to improve businesses. Business Analyst is a role where one can contribute to the organization's strategy, its offerings, its revenue, and its margin. It offers great opportunity to interact with many stakeholders, develop innovative solutions and improving existing solutions. Business Analysts are the bridge between Business stakeholders and Technology Architects. The demand for Business Analysts is at an all-time high and the benefits are worth taking-up business analysis as a career choice.
As a Business Analyst, one will always have a challenging and a new job role or project in hand due to the uniqueness of each problem in varied companies. The ECBA certification from IIBA is a popular certification for jump-starting a career as a Business Analyst. Some of the benefits of getting ECBA certified are:
- ECBA is framed rightly to suit the needs of an entry level Business analyst focusing on requirements analysis, modelling, requirements life cycle management with good amount of emphasis on modeling concepts and tools. According to the 2020 IIBA Salary Survey Report, professionals with ECBA Certification earn 11% more than non-certified professionals.
- ECBA is an established credential and makes a business analyst's competence known and recognized globally by peers and management.
- It provides better career growth and job opportunities
- The knowledge and skills acquired through the ECBA certification enables one to become an effective and efficient BA.
- It demonstrates continuous dedication to the profession to prospective employers.
- It helps BAs achieve reliable, quality results with enhanced efficiency and consistency.
- Business Analysis is one of the highest growing occupations, with 14% growth projected between 2014-2024 *Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
- It also gives a positive feeling and enhanced confidence about achieving a milestone in one's BA career.
The ECBA certification from IIBA is aimed at business analysis professionals who are new to the business analysis space. It is a competency-based certification based on BABoK v3.
- No BA Work Experience required
- No Knowledge Area expertise required.
- Minimum 21 hours of Professional Development in the past four years
- Agree to Code of Conduct. Agree to Terms and Conditions.
- No references required
Adaptive US provides ECBA application review and filing support too. As part of the Adaptive US ECBA training program, the coach will guide you through the entire ECBA application filing process.
For more details on ECBA, visit
- The ECBA certification is for:
- Individuals who want to become a BA
- Students enrolled in BA academic programs
- Professionals transitioning into business analysis
- Functional managers who manage BAs
The application for ECBA Certification Exam happens through the IIBA website. The detailed steps on how to fill the IIBA application form in the IIBA website can be found in the ECBA Handbook: Here
The ECBA certification is achieved after appearing for the ECBA exam, which is 1 hour long. The exam has 50 multiple choice questions with only one correct option. The ECBA comprises of knowledge-based questions.
Examination weightage KA wise
The ECBA blueprint is undergoing a change and will apply to those who are planning to give the exam from 1st March 2021 onwards.
The ECBA cost is as follows:
First attempt ECBA exam fee is $110.00 USD for IIBA members and $235.00 USD for non-members, plus GST/HST for Canadian residents Second attempt ECBA exam fee is $85.00 USD for IIBA members and $195.00 USD for non-members, plus GST/HST for Canadian residents The ECBA application fee to paid to IIBA is $60 for IIBA members as well as non-members, plus GST/HST for Canadian residents.
ECBA Certification Cost - Components and break up:
|Membership fee||As per the country of residence (Between $55 to $125)|
|Application Fee||$60USD||$60 USD|
|Exam Fee||$110USD||$235 USD ($125 more than members)|
|Retake Fee||$85 USD||$195 USD ($110 more than members)|
The ECBA certification is provided by the IIBA.
You will get 21 IIBA PD hours/21 IIBA PDUs and 21 IIBA CDU credits upon completion of the course. 21 IIBA PD hours/21 IIBA PDUs can be claimed by participants who wish to write the ECBA Certification exam, as it is one of the eligibility criterions stated by IIBA to appear for the exam. 21 IIBA CDUs can be claimed by participants who are already certified by IIBA® (either CBAP or CCBA) and need to accumulate 60 CDUs every 3 years to renew their certification.
We typically recommend 60-80 hours of preparation after attending the ECBA training session. Follow the below given process to ace the exam:
- Prepare a schedule and stick to the schedule (Download the ECBA exam study preparation plan from SuXeed)
- Start your preparation with the Adaptive ECBA study guide
- Take up one chapter at a time from the Adaptive US ECBA Study guide and test your understanding with the chapter end knowledge-based questions
- Complete the IIBA application filing with Adaptive US ECBA application simulator that we provide as part of the ECBA training deliverable
- Revise the concepts by reading the Adaptive US ECBA Study guide 2/3 times and BABoK Study guide 2/3 times
- Attempt the 6 Adaptive US ECBA simulations comprising of 50 questions and review incorrect answers. In total, Adaptive provides 1000+ ECBA model questions to test your preparation
- Once you score about 85%+ in the ECBA model questions, you are ready to appear for the ECBA exam
- Book your exam dates 3 or 4 weeks later, preferably on a Monday
- Take the exam and become a proud holder of the ECBA credential
All candidates who wish to take IIBA certifications must read and agree to a mandatory Code of Conduct prior to applying in order to be able to proceed with your application. For more information on this, please visit: iiba.org
There is 125 USD discount for IIBA members on the examination fees.
There is no official data from IIBA to answer this question as IIBA does not disclose this information. However, from our experience and the experience of our past ECBA participants, we know that it is safe to assume that the ECBA exam passing score is more than 70%. Hence, we suggest targeting 85%+ in the ECBA mock tests in order to be successful in the ECBA final exam.
Although IIBA® allows one to take the ECBA exam without any classroom training, it will be really hard to understand BABoK v3.0 without the help of an expert instructor. BABoK V3 is 500+ pages long and quite complex to follow. An expert instructor can help you to understand BABoK v3.0 very quickly. In addition, instructor led sessions give good insight on how to prepare for the exam, clarify doubts, provide practical tips and tricks based on exam experience, provide access to BA tools
ECBA self-study is not recommended for the following reasons:
- You need 21 PD hours for the IIBA application process.
- Questions are knowledge based and requires good understanding of concepts, tasks and techniques, which comes only with the guidance, and mentoring of experienced coaches and study materials.
- Time management can be a challenge for those who are not well versed with the subject and the exam prep tricks and tips from our coaches helps our participants to sail through this challenge.
The ECBA exam candidates will be notified immediately on screen once they submit their computer-based exam. For those who fail the exam, they will be provided with additional information, specifically the Knowledge Areas that require their attention.
You may take the exam up to 3 times within the 1-year application expiry period. There is no wait time between exam sittings. If you take the exam all 3 times and do not pass, you must wait until your application expires before you can reapply.
Read about the benefits of ECBA mentioned in first FAQ.
The ECBA opens doors to a rewarding and successful career in business analysis. It gives greater confidence and fulfillment at work. For those who wish to advance their career in the BA field, this course and the ECBA credential that comes with it is totally worth it in comparison to the investment that has to be made into it. It also gives you an opportunity to become part of an elite group of professionals who are known for their dedication and commitment to the field of business analysis.
Feeling Stuck As a BA?
Read on to move ahead in your BA career.
Yes, you have been a Business Analyst, done and lived the analyst role, been through all this, now it doesn't seem so interesting anymore.
Is this something you have been as a Senior BA and BA Managers been through?
So what next?
Here is a very broad guideline for the career progression of a BA.
Four common career paths BAs can pursue are:
However having said that it depends on the person's interest, domain/technical knowledge, interest to learn new concepts and risk-taking ability which determines largely the career progress.
If you are risk-taking and open to learn new concepts/domain you can change your domain and move to a new field and establish yourself to be a good player in the field. This gives you good exposure and makes your career prospects broader. That makes you a good candidate for a senior executive position.
If you love what you are good at and aim to become an expert in the same without changing gears then you can master your domain including getting into other areas in the same domain. This can include having a good hold on the tools and products prevalent in the domain. This can make you a great specialist and unique in the field, which is invaluable for your career.
You can make yourself a great consultant in a particular field and can think of working with multiple clients to give them a part of your time and expert guidance. In return, this gives you the flexibility and the rich experience of working with multiple clients.
There is no better time than now to start something good.
Go and Kiss the world as per your taste and interest, the world is all yours if you can make it and believe in yourself.