Official IIBA ECBA Certification Prep Training Course
100% Success or 100% Refund.
500+ ECBA Certifications.
28 Hours of Live Virtual Training.
Save Up to $450 Today!
100% Success Guaranteed Official ECBA Prep Training
Lay the foundation stone of your BA career with ECBA certification training
As a BA, your professional growth is directly linked to how you stand out among other BAs. With Adaptive’s IIBA ECBA training, you are sure to get that booster that will turn you into an internationally certified business analyst.
Whether you’ve just landed your first BA job or are planning to get into BA profession, our ECBA training is a stepping stone to enhancing and proving your business analysis expertise. It serves as a validation of your knowledge and sets you apart from other candidates applying for the same position in the competitive job market. Think of this program as your identification card that instantly showcases your capabilities and augments your earning potential.
IIBA Entry Certificate in Business Analysis (IIBA ECBA) certification is designed for professionals to prove their knowledge in business analysis.
Adaptive’s ECBA course, comes with 21 IIBA PD hours, 800+ practice questions, 6 mock tests, study guide, 10+ hours video learning, and 300+ flash cards. Adaptive’s ECBA course is endorsed by IIBA for ECBA preparation. During your ECBA certification preparation, Adaptive faculty support you for long 6 months in your ECBA exam preparation clarifying all your ECBA questions.
Learn How to Jumpstart Your BA Career with ECBA
1st Time Success Rate
Live Expert Led Training
What awaits you during Adaptive’s 100% Success or 100% Refund ECBA Training Course
This program makes you exam-ready to ace IIBA Level 1 - ECBA exam. The course focuses on acquiring skills that comply with ECBA requirements.
Our ECBA course provides targeted support as you prepare for the exam to get your IIBA Level 1 ECBA certification. This support is underpinned by our training instructors, who are IIBA-certified experts with 25+ years of experience in business analysis, mentors, and IIBA-ECBA exam committee members. They bring their real-life knowledge and expertise to the table while ensuring you pick up the relevant skills for your career.
Adaptive’s program for IIBA ECBA training is packed with comprehensive learning materials. Besides, you will receive useful advice from our facilitators on how to be ready for any exam challenge, take several full-length mock tests, and get access to audiobooks, flashcards, and instructors’ presentations.
The program is based on four 4-hour live sessions along with live fortnightly office hours. If you need to brush up on something before your IIBA exam, you can go through class recordings at your convenience.
Once you’re done with our ECBA training, you’ll be able to:
- Understand the ECBA exam preparation process
- Fluently speak the BABOK terminology language with a deeper understanding of business analysis
- Realize the nitty-gritty of the 6 Knowledge Areas and 30 tasks in BABoK
- Familiarize with the 50 BABOK techniques and their usage
- Answer IIBA-ECBA knowledge-based questions with sound conceptual clarity
- Get the best tips to pass the exam without second-guessing or confusion
- Enrich your BA resume with Adaptive’s course completion certificate
What is ECBA Course and who is it for ?
Whether you’re determined to transition into business analysis from another position or starting out in this field, our program is made to give you the knowledge and skills you need to succeed. Join our community of goal-oriented BA professionals and make your first step towards becoming a proficient business analyst.
Be sure to book your spot in this program if:
- You are comfortable with learning materials in English
- You’re well-versed in business and IT concepts
- You have a computer or laptop with a functional microphone, a speaker and high speed internet (>2Mbps)
- You can take online classes in a noise-free environment for uninterrupted learning
NOTE: Residents of Cuba, Iran, Syria, North Korea, Crimea Region of Ukraine are not eligible to take IIBA exams
You don't have to figure it out on your own
We are here to assist you
I discovered that business analysis was a booming career option and wanted to transition from my current job to a business analyst. For getting the proper knowledge and skillsets, I decided to pursue ECBA training and certification.
I would like to thank Adaptive's mentors for helping me understand the material. It would not have been possible without all the support and motivation extended by the team. All the tips and tricks shared were extremely helpful. The practice tests were a great help in preparing for the actual exam. I cleared my exam with ease.
I landed a job as an associate BA during my training itself.
Thank you, Adaptive, for all the support.Kickstarted BA career in 1 month
I have always dreamed of landing a job as a Business Analyst. So, I decided to appear for the ECBA certification exam and chose Adaptive as my training partner.
With Adaptive's insightful mentorship, I cleared the exam on the first attempt. After a lot of hard work studying for the exam and job hunting, I was able to land a rewarding business analyst job.
I would like to thank Adaptive US for facilitating a learning environment that guided me to achieve my goals.Landed a rewarding BA job
I used to work as a Business Consultant for quite some time. With aspirations of expanding my role to a Business Analyst, I decided to take up the ECBA certification as it is the best option for entry-level BAs. I enrolled with Adaptive US for my ECBA training, which was one of the best decisions. The ECBA course was very informative, and I was able to pass my exam with ease.
Adaptive has certified mentors and great resources for anyone wishing to undergo training on business analysis.
They have a great team and are very responsive and ready to help at any hour.
After my ECBA certification, I got a new job as a BA with a 25 percent salary hike from my previous job. The BA training gave me a grip on all business basics and gave me confidence at work.Bagged New BA Job with 25% hike
After completing my BTech & MBA, I started working as an HR professional. Before moving to Canada, I found out about business analysis as a great career option. The BA role piqued my interest and I realized this was exactly what I wanted to do. However, getting a BA job in a new country was difficult as it called for the right knowledge and skillsets.
While looking for a BA course I found Adaptive US and enrolled for their ECBA training. The training was perfect as it gave me a sound understanding of the BA concepts. With my newfound understanding of the BA role, I secured a permanent job as a Systems Analyst in the company that I was interning with. I was confident that I was heading in the right direction and within 2 months of getting ECBA certified, I bagged my first full-time BA job.
I am ever thankful to Adaptive as their ECBA training propelled my BA career and I would definitely recommend it to anyone wanting to become a BA.Jumpstarted BA career in Canada
Adaptive US's ECBA certification course not only helped me to understand the various aspects of BA but also helped me to gain a deeper understanding of the challenges a BA might face and how to overcome them. Got enrolled in this course in the month of April 2018, landed with a BA Job in May 2018.
Attending the ECBA course gave me more clarity on what could be the right approach for a BA in a given situation. LN Mishra your style of organized delivery of content and making us understand concepts with live scenarios made it quite easy for me to apply at work and also for my certification exam. Thanks a lot :) Thanking Adaptive US team.Strengthened BA fundamentals
The training material from Adaptive US is exactly what you need to be prepared for IIBA certification. The online classes helped a lot with understanding BABOK. LN Mishra did a great job in supporting and preparing me for the ECBA exam. Thanks LN :)
Adaptive ECBA course is amazing, the live classes, material, videos and quizzes are all so thorough that the exam feels no different than Adaptive's simulations. I am so pleased with the course that I am signing up for the CCBA instructor-led classes!
From day one, Adaptive US was incredibly supportive. With their ECBA Training & material, I am proud to say that I did it in just 6 weeks. The classes are filled with practical examples. so for those looking to give them a shot, I highly recommend them!
Adaptive was instrumental in my passing the ECBA. LN was an amazing instructor who not only took the time to teach us the skills, but also how to apply them, all in an interactive learning environment. I wouldn't have passed without Adaptive and LN.
I was trained by LN for ECBA training. I really liked the course format (online). Explanations were clear, concise and course content was easy to follow even though I am a beginner in the area.No doubt Adaptive is the way to go to get you to your goal! :)
I want to thank Adaptative US for the excellent work they are doing on preparation tools for IIBA certifications.I've successfully used their classes and course materials for ECBA, AAC and CBAP.Just the best IIBA certifications training team, Great Job !
Adaptive US ECBA Certificate of Achievement
✅Showcase your achievement and let the world know that you are a trained BA with Adaptive’s Blockchain-enabled certificate of completion!
✅Post your certificate instantly to your LinkedIn professional network, Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, and More!
✅Available in an online format so that you can retrieve it anywhere, at any time
✅Download and print the certificate at your convenience
The prices mentioned in the website are valid only if it's purchased online. Prices vary for invoiced courses.
Solidify Your BA Foundations and Land Your Dream BA Job
Find Out How >>
- Participant and Faculty Introductions
- Intro to Business Analysis
- Underlying Competencies
- Intro to BABoK (Business Analysis Body of Knowledge)
- Intro to IIBA Certifications
BA Planning and Monitoring
- KA Intro
- Techniques for BA Planning
- BA Planning and Monitoring Tasks
- Plan BA Approach
- Plan Stakeholder Engagement
- Plan BA Governance
- Plan BA Information Management
- Identify BA Performance Improvements
- Knowledge based questions
Elicitation and Collaboration
- KA Intro
- Techniques for BA Planning
Elicitation and Collaboration
- Elicitation and Collaboration Tasks
- Prepare for Elicitation
- Conduct Elicitation
- Confirm Elicitation Results
- Communicate BA Information
- Manage Stakeholder Collaboration
- Knowledge based questions
Requirements life cycle management
- KA Intro
- Techniques for Req. LCM
- Req. LCM Tasks
- Trace requirements
- Maintain requirements
- Prioritize requirements
- Assess requirements changes
- Approve requirements
- Knowledge based questions
- Techniques overview for Strategy Analysis and Solution Evaluation
Requirements Analysis and Design Definition
- KA Intro
- Techniques for RADD
- RADD Tasks
- Specify and model requirements
- Verify requirements
- Validate Requirements
- Define Requirements architecture
- Define Design Options
- Analyze potential value and recommend solution
- Knowledge based questions
- Concept clarification and questions discussion with faculty
Laura Paton, CBAP
Victoria Cupet CBAP
PhD in Education, Board of director of IIBA. 25+ years of experience. Speaker, author & trainer.
LN Mishra CBAP
Mentor to 1650+ IIBA Certified Business Analysts. 28+ years of Professional Experience in BA.
Lora McCoy CBAP
Former Regional Director, IIBA Central Americas. Former President – IIBA Oklahoma Chapter. 22+ years of BA experience
Tom Tomasovic ECBA, CBDA, AAC
Agile BA Practitioner, CPRE Certified. B.S. Chemical Engineering – Massachusetts Institute of Technology. 26+ years of BA experience
Adaptive US is the only training organization to offer 100% Success or 100% Refund Guarantee on your ECBA training. As part of the 100% Success or 100% Refund, Adaptive pays a retake fee of USD 95 for the ECBA retake examination to IIBA, in the off chance that a student fails to clear the exam in the first attempt after following our suggested approach. If the student is unsuccessful in the 2nd attempt after following our recommended approach, Adaptive will pay the retake fees once more, and for the 3rd unsuccessful attempt, Adaptive will refund the course fees paid to Adaptive minus payments made to IIBA. We succeed with your success and fail with your failure. Back to Deliverables
Technology today offers tremendous opportunities to improve businesses. Business Analyst is a role where one can contribute to the organization's strategy, its offerings, its revenue, and its margin. It offers great opportunity to interact with many stakeholders, develop innovative solutions and improving existing solutions. Business Analysts are the bridge between Business stakeholders and Technology Architects. The demand for Business Analysts is at an all-time high and the benefits are worth taking-up business analysis as a career choice.
As a Business Analyst, one will always have a challenging and a new job role or project in hand due to the uniqueness of each problem in varied companies. The ECBA certification from IIBA is a popular certification for jump-starting a career as a Business Analyst.
Here are some concrete benefits of attaining this certification:
- Gives you a great overview of the business analysis career, skills needed to start your BA career
- Gets your competency/skills benchmarked against a global certification
- Gets an independent validation of your skills
- Gets your resume shortlisted
- Proof of your proactive attitude
For more details on benefits, refer - Why Should I Invest in ECBA
- This certification is framed rightly to suit the needs of an entry level Business analyst focusing on requirements analysis, modelling, requirements life cycle management with good amount of emphasis on modeling concepts and tools. According to the 2021 IIBA Salary Survey Report, professionals with this Certification earn an average salary of $82K per annum.
- It is an established credential and makes a business analyst's competence known and recognized globally by peers and management.
- It provides better career growth and job opportunities
- The knowledge and skills acquired through this certification enables one to become an effective and efficient BA.
- It demonstrates continuous dedication to the profession to prospective employers.
- It helps BAs achieve reliable, quality results with enhanced efficiency and consistency.
- Business Analysis is one of the highest growing occupations, with 14% growth projected between 2014-2024 *Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
- It also gives a positive feeling and enhanced confidence about achieving a milestone in one's BA career.
This certification is aimed at business analysis professionals who are new to the business analysis space. It is a Knowledge-based certification based on BABoK v3.
The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Agree with the IIBA's Code of Conduct.
- Agree with the Terms and Conditions of IIBA.
- Prior business analysis-related work is not required.
- This certification is for:
- Individuals entering the business analysis profession
- Professionals who want to build a career in the Business Analysis profession
- Students enrolled in business analysis academic programs
- New graduates
- Professionals transitioning careers
- Functional managers who are not business analysts but manage them.
The exam fee payment and exam scheduling happens through the IIBA website. Detailed steps on how to purchase the ECBA exam can be found on the IIBA website.
The Exam Pattern is as follows -
Business Analysis Knowledge - 30%
Knowledge Area - 70%
The exam blueprint is aligned with the BABOK®v3.0 Guide.
Business Analysis Knowledge
- Business Analysis & the BA Professional - 2.5%
- Underlying Competencies - 5%
- Business Analysis Key Concepts - 5%
- Techniques - 17.5%
- Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring - 5%
- Elicitation and Collaboration - 20%
- Requirements Life Cycle Management - 20%
- Requirements Analysis and Design Definition - 25%
- 1-hour remote online proctored exam.
- 50 multiple choice questions
- In order to clear this certification exam, IIBA checks for success in each knowledge area and overall success.
- It is knowledge-based and aligned with v3.0 of the BABOK® Guide.
The certification cost is as below:
For IIBA Members
The certification exam cost comprises of:
- IIBA Membership fees as per the country of residence
- Region 1 - $139 USD
- Region 2 - $89 USD
- Region 3 - $55 USD
- Exam fees - $195 USD for IIBA members
Total cost region-wise:
- Region 1 - $334 USD
- Region 2 - $284 USD
- Region 3 - $250 USD
For Non-IIBA Members
The certification exam cost for non IIBA members is $350
Exam Re-write fees -
$95 (For IIBA Members )
$250 (For IIBA Non Members)
This certification is provided by the IIBA.
You will get 21 IIBA PD hours/21 IIBA PDUs/ 21 IIBA CDU credits upon completion of the course. 21 IIBA CDUs can be claimed by participants who are already certified by IIBA® (either CBAP or CCBA) and need to accumulate 60 CDUs every 3 years to renew their certification.
We recommend 60-80 hours of preparation effort after attending the training session. Follow the below steps to ace your exam:
- Come up with a preparation plan
- Prepare a schedule and stick to the schedule (Grab your FREE copy of the week wise exam preparation plan from Adaptive's Learning Portal - Thinkific > Exam Prep Help section & learn how to pass this certification exam in 8 weeks!)
- Start your preparation with the Adaptive US Study Guide
- Take up one chapter at a time from the Adaptive US Study guide and test your understanding with the chapter end knowledge-based questions
- Revise the concepts by reading the Adaptive US Study guide 2/3 times and BABoK Study guide 2/3 times
- Attempt the 6 Adaptive US exam simulations comprising of 50 questions and review incorrect answers. In total, Adaptive provides 1000+ exam model questions to test your preparation
- Once you score about 85%+ in the model questions, you are ready to appear for the exam
- Book your exam dates 3 or 4 weeks later, preferably on a Monday
- Take the exam and become a proud holder of the ECBA credential
All candidates who wish to take IIBA certifications must read and agree to a mandatory Code of Conduct prior to applying in order to be able to proceed with your application. For more information on this, please check the code of conduct mentioned in the IIBA website.
There is 155 USD discount for IIBA members on the examination fees.
There is no official data from IIBA to answer this question as IIBA does not disclose this information. However, from our experience and the experience of our past students, we know that it is safe to assume that this exam's passing score is more than 70%. Hence, we suggest targeting 85%+ in the mock tests in order to be successful in the final exam.
Although IIBA® allows one to take this exam without any classroom training, it will be really hard to understand BABoK v3.0 without the help of an expert instructor. BABoK V3 is 500+ pages long and quite complex to follow. An expert instructor can help you to understand BABoK v3.0 very quickly. In addition, instructor-led sessions to give good insight on how to prepare for the exam, clarify doubts, provide practical tips and tricks based on exam experience, provide access to BA tools
Self-study is not recommended for this exam for the following reasons:
- Questions are knowledge based and requires good understanding of concepts, tasks and techniques, which comes only with the guidance, and mentoring of experienced coaches and study materials.
- Time management can be a challenge for those who are not well versed with the subject and the exam prep tricks and tips from our coaches helps our participants to sail through this challenge.
The exam candidates will be notified immediately on screen once they submit their computer-based exam. For those who fail the exam, they will be provided with additional information, specifically the Knowledge Areas that require their attention.
You may take the exam up to 3 times within the 1-year application expiry period. There is no wait time between exam sittings. If you take the exam all 3 times and do not pass, you must wait until your application expires before you can reapply.
Pursuing this certification has many significant benefits, the top ones being:
- Recognition for your foundational business analysis knowledge, competency, and understanding of the BA principles and industry best practices.
- Personal satisfaction of accomplishing the first step towards your dream BA career
- Stepping Stone to get into the business analysis profession
- Better job prospects and growth
- Better salary
- Higher marketability
- Improvement of overall BA skills, performance and confidence
- It does not require re-certification
- No BA work experience eligibility
- Recognized globally
This certification opens doors to a rewarding and successful career in business analysis. It gives greater confidence and fulfillment at work. For those who wish to advance their career in the BA field, this course and the credential that comes with it is totally worth it in comparison to the investment that has to be made into it. It also gives you an opportunity to become part of an elite group of professionals who are known for their dedication and commitment to the field of business analysis.
Feeling Stuck As a BA?
Read on to move ahead in your BA career.
Yes, you have been a Business Analyst, done and lived the analyst role, been through all this, now it doesn't seem so interesting anymore.
Is this something you have been as a Senior BA and BA Managers been through?
So what next?
Here is a very broad guideline for the career progression of a BA.
Four common career paths BAs can pursue are:
However having said that it depends on the person's interest, domain/technical knowledge, interest to learn new concepts and risk-taking ability which determines largely the career progress.
If you are risk-taking and open to learn new concepts/domain you can change your domain and move to a new field and establish yourself to be a good player in the field. This gives you good exposure and makes your career prospects broader. That makes you a good candidate for a senior executive position.
If you love what you are good at and aim to become an expert in the same without changing gears then you can master your domain including getting into other areas in the same domain. This can include having a good hold on the tools and products prevalent in the domain. This can make you a great specialist and unique in the field, which is invaluable for your career.
You can make yourself a great consultant in a particular field and can think of working with multiple clients to give them a part of your time and expert guidance. In return, this gives you the flexibility and the rich experience of working with multiple clients.
There is no better time than now to start something good.
Go and Kiss the world as per your taste and interest, the world is all yours if you can make it and believe in yourself.
Our Students Come From
New York, San Francisco, Toronto, Chicago, Seattle, Dallas, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Ontario, Orlando, Washington, San Diego, Boston, Houston, San Jose, Austin, Miami, Philadelphia, Nashville, Detroit, Raleigh, Charlotte, Minneapolis, Tampa, Atlanta, Jacksonville, Columbus, Portland, Indianapolis, Quebec City, Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg, Edmonton, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Montreal, Ottawa, Saskatchewan, Mumbai, Dubai, Singapore, Hongkong, Bangalore, Bangkok, Manila, Tokyo, Chennai, Jakarta, Beijing, Seoul, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Riyadh, Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, Brisbane, Auckland(NZ), Adelaide, Perth, London, Berlin, Paris, Amsterdam, Munich, Stockholm, Zurich, Brussels, Milan, Madrid, Hague, Dublin, Frankfurt, Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires, Rio de Janeiro, Brasilia, Lagos, Johannesburg