CBDA Training Program Description
Adaptive’s CBDA Training course provides highly focused exam preparation support for IIBA-CBDA exam candidates through sessions fully aligned to the IIBA-CBDA along with Exam Preparation Tutorials.
This is a highly interactive training conducted by CBDA qualified expert instructors.
The learning resources, study plan, exam tips, question bank and exam simulators are fully aligned to the CBDA exam pattern and equips CBDA aspirants to prepare effectively, identify areas of weakness and face the CBDA certification examination confidently.
What You Will Learn
- CBDA Exam Preparation Process
- In-depth understanding of established business analysis practices in data analytics initiatives that are outlined in the Guide to Business Data Analytics
- Gain competence in the 6 Business Data Analytics Domains and techniques
- Practice CBDA scenario based questions
- CBDA exam application process
- Tips to ace the exam in the first attempt
CBDA Training Target Audience
The CBDA training is suitable for Business Analysts working on data analytics initiatives, professionals who are keen to visualize and interpret data and use analytics results to identify viable options, current CCBAs/CBAPs
CBDA Training Program Eligibility
- Good command over English language and good knowledge of business and IT
- Computer with mic and speaker
- High speed internet (> 2 Mbps) and noise-free stationary environment
- Residents of Cuba, Iran, Syria, Sudan, North Korea, Crimea Region of Ukraine are not eligible to take IIBA exams
I just passed the CBDA exam and I can confidently say that I would not have passed without the use of the AdaptiveUS study materials! The study guide, class recording and exam questions made things super easy for me, Thanks to the entire team of Adaptive US, keep up the great work. I highly recommend them for CBDA
I used Adaptive's service for CBDA Assisted Learning. The study guides were a huge help on getting me to pass the exam. I am glad they went through the essential reading topics as well. The training recordings were also helpful especially when they went over the different techniques to use on each domain. Thanks
Thanks a lot to Tom and Adaptive US team for all your help in clearing the CBDA exam for me. it would have been tougher to pass the exam without your help. Your classes were immensely helpful in not only getting my concepts clear for the exam but also in making me understand and interpret data more meaningfully
Have purchased the IIBA-CBDA course & pretty impressed with the resources and content. I am confident that I can pass my certification exam with this course alone.
CBDA Training Key Deliverables
Upcoming CBDA Instructor-Led Live Sessions Program Schedule
For corporate group training, please send your request to info@AdaptiveUS.com
USA, Canada, Europe, South America, Africa, Middle East, India
(Apply Coupon "SAVE300" for $300 OFF - Limited coupons only)
Introduction to Business Data Analytics
- What is Business Data Analytics?
- Business Data Analytics Objectives
- Business Analysis and Business Data Analytics
- Analyzing Quantitative Research
- 27 Examples of Key Performance Indicators
Identify Research Questions
- Define Business Problem or Opportunity
- Identify and Understand the Stakeholders
- Assess Current State
- Define Future State
- Formulate Research Questions
- Plan Business Data Analytics Approach
- Select Techniques for Identifying the Research Questions
- Plan Data Collection
- Determine the Data Sets
- Collect Data
- Validate Data
- Select Techniques for Sourcing Data
- Data sampling
- Develop Data Analysis Plan
- Prepare Data
- Explore Data
- Perform Data Analysis
- Assess the Analytics and System Approach Taken
- Select Techniques for Analyzing Data
- Data Visualization 101: How to Choose the Right Chart
- 14 Different Types of Graphs and Charts for Presenting Data
Interpret and Report Results
- Identify and Understand the Stakeholders
- Plan Stakeholder Communication
- Determine Communication Needs of Stakeholders
- Derive Insights from Data
- Document and Communicate Findings from Completed Analysis
- Select Techniques for Interpreting and Reporting Results
- Five Data Storytelling Tips
- Graph Visualization: Why It Matters
- Data Storytelling: The Essential Data Science Skill Everyone Needs
- Breaking Down Hierarchical Data with Treemap and Sunburst Charts
CBDA Question-Answer and Concept
Use Results to Influence Business Decision Making
- Recommend Action
- Develop Implementation Plan
- Manage Change
- Select Techniques for Using Results to Influence Business DecisionMaking
- Data Science and The Art of Persuasion
Guide Company-Level Strategy for Business Analytics
- Organizational strategy
- Talent strategy
- Data strategy
- Select Techniques for Guiding Company-Level Strategy for Business Analytics
- Underlying Competencies
- Building a Better Data Science Operation
- You Don’t Have to Be a Data Scientist to Fill This Must-Have Analytics Role
LN Mishra CBAP CBDA
Mentor to 1250+ IIBA Certified Business Analysts. 24+ years of Professional Experience in BA.
Tom Tomasovic IIBA-AAC CBDA
Agile BA Practitioner, CPRE Certified. B.S. Chemical Engineering – Massachusetts Institute of Technology. 26+ years of BA experience
I just passed the CBDA exam and I can confidently say that I would not have passed without the use of the Adaptive US study materials!
About Adaptive US CBDA 100% Success or 100% Refund Guarantee
Adaptive US is the only training organization to offer 100% Success or 100% Refund Guarantee on your CBDA training. As part of the 100% Success or 100% Refund Guarantee, Adaptive pays a retake fee of USD 195 to IIBA, in the off chance that a student fails to clear the exam in the first attempt after following our suggested approach.
If the student is unsuccessful in the 2nd attempt after following our recommended approach, Adaptive will pay the retake fees once more, and for the 3rd unsuccessful attempt, Adaptive will refund the training fees paid by the student (course fees-Payments made to IIBA for membership and application filing).
We succeed with your success and fail with your failure.
What is CBDA?
The new Certification in Business Data Analytics (IIBA®- CBDA), is the first data analytics certification provided by the International Institute of BA (IIBA), Canada (www.IIBA.org).It recognizes a Business Analyst Practitioner’s ability to effectively execute analysis related work in support of business analytics initiatives and is an indication of one’s commitment, passion and competency in performing business analysis on analytics initiatives.
The IIBA®- CBDA exam is closely aligned to the Guide to Business Data Analytics and tests one’s ability to answer questions focused on real-world scenarios. Learn all about IIBA - CBDA here.
All about IIBA Certification in Business Data Analytics (IIBA® CBDA)
The new Certification in Business Data Analytics (IIBA® – CBDA), is the first data analytics certification provided by the International Institute of BA (IIBA), Canada (www.IIBA.org). Analytics is a high growth area, and IIBA foresees this trend to continue.
CBDA recognizes a Business Analyst Practitioner’s ability to effectively execute analysis related work in support of business analytics initiatives and is an indication of one’s commitment, passion, and competency in performing business analysis on analytics initiatives. Soon, CBDA will become the most sought-after certification for business analysts engaged in Data Analytics initiatives to excel in the corporate world. The IIBA®- CBDA exam is closely aligned to the Guide to Business Data Analytics and tests one’s ability to answer questions focused on real-world scenarios.
Here are some of the benefits of becoming IIBA-CBDA:
- The analytics approach has gained tremendous popularity over the last decade
- Enables one to derive better insights from data and guides in better and informed decision making
- Recognizes a BA’s competency in the analytics space
- Better job prospects
- Better salary
- PD Hours can be used for CBAP / CCBA recertification
This certification is suitable for BA professionals with mid-level experience, possessing the skills to effectively perform business data analytics initiatives and can demonstrate experience in:
- Translating business problems into questions that analytics can answer
- Using analytics results to identify viable options
- Explaining technical results to non-technical stakeholders
- Visualizing data and translate results via data storytelling
- Building and demonstrating empathy for the customer
However, IIBA has not provided any eligibility criteria for this exam and anyone can take this examination – Business analysts, Consultants, Trainers, Project managers, Testers, Developers, Current CBAPs and CCBAs
IIBA CBDA Exam Pattern
The IIBA-CBDA exam comprises of questions from six blueprint domains out of which 5 domains are discussed in IIBA’s Introduction to Business Data Analytics: A Practitioners View and one domain are discussed in IIBA’s Introduction to Business Data Analytics: An Organizational View.
Here’s a high-level overview of the 6 domains covered in IIBA-CBDA:
|1||Identify Research Questions||Decide what research questions need to be answered. The research questions provide the focus for the data analytics team and shape the work to follow.|
|2||Source Data||The Source Data domain is a top-down exercise to determine the right data needed for a given research problem/question.|
|3||Analyze Data||Analyzing data involves deciding how data analysis will be performed, which models and mathematical or statistical techniques will be used.|
|4||Interpret and Report Results||Involves using results obtained from data analysis to glean business insights from the data collected and determining how to best communicate and report the outcomes to relevant stakeholders.|
|5||Use Results to Influence Business Decision Making||Use Results to Influence Business Decision-Making involves using the analytics results to make decisions that generate value for the enterprise.|
|6||Guide Company-level Strategy for Business Analytics||Explores how enterprises can embed analytics initiatives into the enterprise architecture and overall decision-making framework.|
Here’s the % distribution of questions from each domain
|#||Domain||% Distr.||# of Q|
|1||Identify Research Questions||20%||15|
|4||Interpret and Report Results||20%||15|
|5||Use Results to Influence Business Decision Making||20%||15|
|6||Guide Company-level Strategy for Business Analytics||9%||7|
More Details about IIBA CBDA Exam pattern:
- 2-hour long remote online proctored exam
- 75 multiple-choice questions.
- Scenario-based questions.
- Mostly IIBA checks for success in each domain area and overall
- It is a competency-based exam and is aligned with IIBA’s Introduction to Business Data Analytics: A Practitioners View/An Organizational View
IIBA CBDA Exam location/ Mode
You can take the CBDA certification exam from home with PSI Online Exams. You just need to have a video camera and internet connectivity in your PC/Laptop. More information can be found here – https://www.iiba.org/certification/exam-preparation/
The link to register for your exam is – Registration Form
IIBA CBDA certification cost
IIBA CBDA Certification Cost has the below components:
|Membership fee||As per country of residence|
|Exam Fee||$250 USD||$400 USD|
|Retake Fee||$195 USD||$350 USD|
(to be done 1 year from certification date)
|$30 USD||$50 USD|
The IIBA membership and hence the overall IIBA CBDA certification cost varies as per the country of residence. This is available at adaptiveus.com/iiba-membership-fees.
The ‘Do Not's of the CBDA Certification Exam
- Do not expect many direct questions from IIBA’s Introduction to Business Data Analytics: A Practitioners View/An Organizational View
- Do not attempt until you have mastered the fundamentals, understood the various analytics domains, and completed the self-assessment.
- Do not attempt until you have successfully answered typical analysis-related outcomes and activities-related questions in the sample quiz.
- Do not expect the exam to be easy
- Do not expect to have the luxury of time
If you desire to gain competency in using data to help organizations achieve meaningful business outcomes, wait no further. Get started today.