What and Why of CBAP Certification
CBAP® stands for Certified Business Analysis Professional, the 3rd level certification provided by the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA), Canada (www.IIBA .org).
Currently CBAP is the highest level certification available from IIBA.
Following are some of the benefits of becoming a CBAP :
- Be recognized for your competency in business analysis.
- BA is the fastest growing career opportunity for IT professionals.
- People with domain experience can move into IT sector by becoming a business analyst.
- Better job prospects.
- Better salary.
Target Audience for CBAP
CBAP examination targets the following audience:
- Current CCBAs
- Seasoned BAs
- BA Consultants
Eligibility for CBAP
- Minimum 7500 hours of Business analysis-related work in the last 10
- Professional development: 35 hours of verifiable BABOK coursework in the last 4 years. Adaptive Processes is an authorized EEP of IIBA, its trainings provide desired PDUs for the CBAP certification examination.
- References: Two references from a career manager, client (internal or external) or CBAP.
- Minimum 900 hours in each of the 4 knowledge areas.
- Signed code of conduct is required.
CBAP® Question pattern
- This will be a scenario and case study based examination.
- Longer cases (1-1.5 pages) of information
- Multiple questions about the case
- Multiple choice answers
- 120 questions
- 3.5 hours
- Take an approved training from an endorsed EEP. Adaptive US is a premier education partner to IIBA.
- Become an IIBA member at IIBA .org.
- Benefits include free, unlimited access to the BABOK and 300+ online books, local, national and international networking opportunities and ability to influence the growth and direction of the BA profession.
- Take required training from an IIBA EEP, such as Adaptive US (www.AdaptiveUS.com).
- Download BABOK and start reading.
- Join a study group, or start one.
- Begin preparing for the application.
- Application expires within 1 year from approval
- 3 exams can be taken within a year without any waiting time in between
Preparing the application
- Begin the application at least 2 weeks before you plan to apply.
- It can take anywhere from 6-10 hours to complete.
- Download and use Adaptive BA experience calculator.
- Apply within 6 months of when you plan to write.
How to Best Prepare for CBAP Presented by
LN Mishra ECBA, CCBA, CBAP.
CBAP is the right product for anyone who would like to establish their credentials as an accomplished business analysis professional. CBAP fits perfectly for individuals who have been performing business analysis tasks, regardless of your job title, a minimum of 7,500 hours, roughly over 5 years.
Achieving the CBAP not only represents your solid understanding and high proficiency of the competencies within the BABOK Guide, but also provides you with a professional certification that has international market recognition. CBAP also helps BA professionals unlock their potential to a host of job opportunities in corporate segment. CBAP gives proven results in terms of salary benefits, career growth and opening up new opportunities in the global markets.
Even though work experience is one of the requirements of CBAP as a prerequisite, the CBAP examination needs you to have excellent practical knowledge of the business analysis concepts and the ability to relate BABOK knowledge to practical scenarios/cases.
This webinar tries to achieve the following objectives/outcomes:
- Explain how CBAP is best suited for senior BAs
- Detail a preparation process for the CBAP examination
- Aspects to focus on when one prepares for the CBAP examination
- Tips and tricks for the CBAP examination
About the presenter:
LN Mishra, ECBA, CBAP
BA Author, Trainer and President @ Adaptive US Inc
LN has 25 years of professional experience in business analysis, requirements analysis, agile software development, and management consulting. LN plays the role of product owner for SuXeed, Adaptive’s flagship Learning Management solution. LN has personally guided and helped close to 200+ professionals to get CBAP certified.
LN has hosted multiple webinars with IIBA on various business analysis related topics including certification focused webinars on CCBA and ECBA. Being a practicing BA and a certification holder of ECBA, CCBA and CBAP, LN can share practical tips on the certification exams.
LN has been a part of multiple large system developments, In-country Value System for PDO Oman and Color Data Management System for AkzoNobel. He was also involved in multiple large ERP implementation projects and one of the world’s largest change management program in PWC (PricewaterhouseCoopers), for a large utility agency.
He has authored 20+ bestselling books on business analysis and has conducted 200+ workshops in business analysis, requirements management, agile, software project management, and Six Sigma. He has also guided 30+ six sigma projects in iGATE, MACH and Akzo Nobel.
LN holds a Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) from IIM Ahmedabad, and BE (Honors) in Electronics.
LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lnmishra/
Link to register for the Webinar