Ground Rules for IIBA Online Examinations
Most of us lead a very busy life. Even if we want to pursue BA certifications, scheduling a time for a certification exam to be administered live at a location can be very inconvenient.
Keeping this in mind IIBA has given the BA community a fabulous New Year gift.
If there is no test center where you live or you need to travel a very long distance in order to reach the examination center, no problem- exams can now be conducted at your own home when it is convenient for you.
This is a game-changer for BA professionals around the globe who did not have access to a physical testing center. The CCBA® and CBAP® exam are now available online allowing BAs around the world, who were not able to showcase their expertise, to do so and climb the ladder of success in their careers.
The CCBA® and CBAP® exams are now live proctored and remotely proctored exams that require a desktop or laptop, an internet connection, and, a working webcam, and microphone. In fact, now all of the IIBA certifications are remotely proctored exams.
The rules & guidelines below, as stated by IIBA, will assist you in understanding the requirements for the certification exams to be taken from the place of your convenience.
For All Exams:
- One water bottle allowed which has no labels on it.
- Blank paper or a whiteboard is allowed to make notes throughout the exam (note: proctor will ask that paper be torn up and whiteboard erased before ending exam)
- Getting-up once from the desk and stretching at the desk (i.e. in view of proctor) is allowed
- No breaks (i.e. away from proctor view) are allowed during these shorter exams
- One break of maximum 15 min. (i.e. away from the proctor’s view) is allowed. During this time the exam clock keeps ticking, so you are taking time away from the 3 or 3.5 hr. of allotted exam time.
- IF the candidate is not back within 15 minutes, the exam is considered ‘abandoned’. ‘Abandoned’ means the candidate cannot resume the exam and thus forfeits the exam altogether and the fee already paid – you will have to pay again to retake the exam.
- Note: If a candidate requires more time than what is allowed for the remote proctored exam, they need to request a special accommodation with IIBA prior to paying the exam fee as per the steps in that process.
PSI Web-delivery Rules
- If your sponsor allows Web Delivery as a testing modality, you can schedule and launch your exam right from your home computer. Requirements include a web camera, speakers, microphone, and stable broadband internet connection. Please go through the compatibility check on the scheduling website at https://home.psiexams.com/#/home.
- If you need assistance during your exam, you should initiate a chat with the online test administrator using the in-exam chat tool.
- No conversing or any other form of communication is permitted once your exam has been released.
- You are prohibited from reproducing, communicating or transmitting any test content in any form for any purpose. Copying or communicating content is a violation of the PSI security policy. Either one may result in the disqualification of examination results, may lead to legal action and will be reported to your Licensing Authority/Sponsor.
- With the exception of your testing machine, electronic devices and recording devices of any kind (including but not limited to cell phones, pagers, and cameras) are NOT permitted in secure PSI testing environments.
- You will be asked to scan the room in which you are taking the test prior to launching your exam. If there are notes, drinks, a box of tissues or any such items on your desk, you will be asked to remove them prior to releasing the exam.
- You must present valid, unexpired and acceptable ID(s) in order to take your test. Check with Sponsor’s or Licensing Authority/Sponsor for the specific rules that apply to your test. Military IDs are not accepted.
- PSI requires all employees and exam takers to conduct themselves in a professional and courteous manner at all times. Exhibiting abusive behavior towards a proctor via chat or other candidates will be reported to your Licensing Authority/Sponsor and may result in criminal prosecution.
- You may connect with our Remote Proctors for testing up to 15 minutes prior to your scheduled start time provided your exam is ready to launch. Your launch button will be enabled when your exam is fully prepared for delivery.
- You may not exit the camera view or use your cell phone or other electronic devices during the examination.
- Your hands must be visible to the camera at all times. Talking or mouthing words while testing is prohibited.
As a Premier Endorsed Education Provider (EEP) for the IIBA, Adaptive US, helps professionals to prepare for and succeed in their certification exams. Adaptive US is one of the market leaders when it comes to BA online training in ECBA, CCBA, AAC, and CBAP and also gives the option of success guarantee where without paying an extra penny you can undergo the training all over again if you fail.
For more details about plans and registration, you can visit the Workshop Calendar.