CBAP Exam Pattern
The Certified Business Analysis Professional CBAP certification is the most sought-after certifications for business analysts to excel in the corporate world.
While it remains the most coveted designation globally among the Business analysts its also known to be a tough exam to clear , especially more so in BABoK v3 scheme of competency-based certification.
This post will describe the CBAP exam pattern.
CBAP exam focuses on
- Requirements Analysis and Design Definition -30%
- Strategy Analysis -15%
- Requirements Life Cycle Management – 15%
- Solution Evaluation -14%
- Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring – 14%
- Elicitation and Collaboration – 12%
CBAP Exam Pattern:
- 3.5 hours long exam
- 120 multiple choice questions.
- The questions are longer cases (1 to 1.5 Pages of information)
- Multiple questions about the case
- It is competency-based and aligned with BABOK® Guide Version 3.
CBAP Exam location/ Mode
The CBAP exam is conducted in the Prometric test center available in all major global cities.
Please check the address of the CBAP exam center here
The link to book your exam is –
What to expect in CBAP Certification Exam
- Questions will be a mix of case and scenario based questions
- There will be some questions on mathematical calculations like ROI etc
- There will be 4/5 questions on a single case
- Scenarios are short cases
What not to expect in CBAP Certification Exam
- Do not expect questions straight from BABoK from input, output, techniques etc
- Do not expect the exam to be easy
- Do not expect to have the luxury of time
- Do not expect to pass CBAP certification exam without having adequate experience as a business analyst
CBAP Exam Passing Score – Please see the post here on CBAP exam pass score – https://www.adaptiveus.com/cbap-exam-passing-score/
CBAP Exam Prep Tips – Please see the post here on CBAP exam prep tips –
Schedule your CBAP Exam from the exam centers – https://www.adaptiveus.com/cbap-exam-centers-usa/