Member of IIBA and is an active speaker at IIBA Pittsburgh Chapter, IIBA DC Chapter.
Experienced process analyst who has completed analysis, architecture, development, simulation, modeling, control system, and business process re-engineering projects at over 80 facilities worldwide
Robert P. Churchill has combined mechanical and software engineering skills to build and use continuous and discrete-event computer simulation systems for nearly 30 years. He served in a vendor or consultant role in every life cycle phase in the fields of pulp and paper, nuclear power, document imaging, insurance, metals, HVAC, inspections, medical practices, security, evacuation, emergency response, logistics, and maintenance and reliability. He’s been a developer, architect, field engineer, data collector, IV&V agent, manager, and analyst on the desktop, networked, and high-performance computing (HPC) platforms. He has built real-time, interactive, and fire-and-forget systems for analysis, design, process improvement, industrial control, operations research, and operator training.
Business Analyst, Simulation Developer, Web Developer
Company Name - Self
Dates Employed2015 – Present
Employment Duration - 5 yrs
Location - Orlando, Florida Area
Refreshed and extended development, analysis, communication, and leadership skills through research, courses, books, meetups, Scrum and CBAP certifications, and website at rpchurchill.com.
• Served as volunteer mentor, consultant, and programmer.
• Wrote case-based questions to add to training materials provided by Adaptive US to train CBAP certification candidates. Adaptive US (https://adaptiveus.com/) is now the world's leading trainer of Business Analysts seeking IIBA certificates.
• Website, classes, and blog posts have involved extensive use of the following tools, languages, and frameworks on Windows 10 PCs, Linux web servers, and occasionally a MacBook Pro.
-IntelliJ IDEA, WebStorm, Eclipse, Notepad++, Debuggers in Firefox and Chrome, Brackets, Sublime Text, Jupyter Notebook, Anaconda, Spyder, R Studio.
-WordPress, phpBB, and numerous media tools and utilities.…
Company Name - Universal Studios, Orlando
Dates Employed - Jun 2018 – Dec 2018
Employment Duration - 7 mos
Location - Orlando, Florida Area
Employed under contract through Hays
Supported Scrum teams by applying knowledge of software engineering, management, governance, and configuration to document and improve microservices-based software stack and related DevOps processes.
• Documented process flows, CI/CD pipeline, and elements of end-to-end DevOps environment.
• Identified opportunities to improve software architecture, debugging and failure response procedures, documentation, and training.
• Designed unified interfaces for crowdsourcing detailed documentation of code and related data and communication flows, improving real-time situational awareness of the entire functional stack, and organizing documentation and support materials for all working systems.
• Reverse engineered software operations in multiple languages, but primarily in Node.js and the Loopback and Bluebird Promise libraries.
• Proposed and prepared demo for automated generation of animation of all process flows in a way that showed messages, data items, input parameters, and return values.
Operations Research Analyst, Business Analyst, Software Engineer, Simulation Developer
Company Name - Regal Decision Systems, RTR Technologies
Dates Employed - 2002 – 2015
Employment Duration - 13 yrs
Location - Baltimore/DC Metro Area
RTR split from Regal Decision Systems
Applied elicitation, discovery, data collection, domain knowledge, software engineering, architecture, design, communication, and process analysis skills as part of Agile and Scrum teams to create and use process simulations in the United States, Canada, and Mexico.